Mar 13, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Reports out of Denmark claim Nicklas Bendtner was up to his old tricks on Tuesday when a night out drinking allegedly ended with the Arsenal striker unbuttoning his pants, wiping himself on the side of a cab and threatening the driver.
The astonishing report goes on to claim that at the same time Bendtner was gyrating he whipped the cab with his belt while shouting “I will [screw] you!” at the driver.
“I’ve run with drunks and alcoholics in Copenhagen for over 25 years,” the cabbie told Danish tabloid BT, “but I’ve never experienced anything like it.”
The incident occurred in Copenhagen on the same night the Gunners crashed out of the Champions League after drawing 1-1 with Bayern Munich in Bavaria. Bendtner was not in Arsene Wenger‘s 18-man squad and is currently sidelined with a knee injury.
Tuesday’s shenanigans represented the latest in a growing rap sheet of Bendtner:
- May 2009: Bendtner was caught with his pants around his ankles after stumbling out a London nightclub.
- September 2009: Bendtner stripped down to his underwear following a car accident that totaled his Aston Martin.
- December 2011: While on loan at Sunderland he was arrested alongside teammate Lee Cattermole for allegedly going on a car-wrecking spree. The charges were later dropped.
- March 2013: The striker was caught driving against traffic in Copenhagen, arrested and banned from driving for three years.
- November 2013: Bendtner was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage after breaking into the pool at his luxury apartment building.
Bendtner’s spokeswoman, Elisa Lykke, declined to comment on the story. Arsenal are said to be investigating the matter and could punish Bendtner with a fine of two weeks wages. The 26-year-old’s contract at the Emirates is set to expire this summer.
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 2
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 5
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 5
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 12
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 8
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 1