Mar 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
The Seattle Sounders may not being doing much on the scoreboard at CenturyLink Field, but they’ve proved accommodating hosts. With a pair of defensive mistakes in the first 24 minutes against visiting Toronto, Sigi Schmid’s team have given a revamped Toronto two early goal, both of which came off the right foot of Jermain Defoe.
After near silence over the games first 16 minutes, Defoe got his Major League Soccer career off to a dream start when he split the channel between DeAndre Yedlin and Chad Marshall to score from just inside the penalty area. After a nice ball played into the box from Jonathan Osario, Defoe used the FieldTurf roll to set up a shot toward the far corner of former TFC goalkeeper Stefan Frei’s goal. With their first good chance of the match, the Reds were in front.
Their second goal was a pure gift. A back pass from Marco Pappa was picked off by Defoe well inside his attacking third. Moving to his right inside the arch, the TFC debutant struck a right-footed blast into the right of goal, leaving Toronto up two 24 minutes into the Michael BRadley-Jermain Defoe era.
Full highlights of today’s game are above. Here are the isolated clips of Defoe’s goals:
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0