Mar 15, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Fulham is running out of time to make a run out of the drop zone, while visiting Newcastle United will face its first match without suspended Alan Pardew when the two teams square off this morning (Watch live and online at 11am ET via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Pardew was suspended seven matches for headbutting Hull City’s David Meyler, and his side looks a little different for Saturday’s match thanks to an injury to star striker Loic Remy. Luuk de Jong and Papiss Cisse will be up top, while Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa slides in for Mathieu Debuchy at back.
Fulham boss Felix Magath made waves by saying his side is “just realizing” they’re in a survival fight. The Cottagers’ 29 matches in the books are the highest number in the league, and they sit four points back of seventh place and safety. They have just two draws from their past nine matches, needing a 10th to find their last win (New Year’s Day over West Ham).
Fulham: Stockdale; Heitinga, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Richardson; Kasami, Kvist, Sidwell, Kačaniklić; Holtby; Woodrow
Subs: Stekelenburg, Riise, Rodallega, Dejagah, Roberts, Riether, Burn
Newcastle United: Krul; Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Dummett; Sissoko, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran; de Jong; Cisse.
Subs: Alnwick, Haidara, S.Taylor, Marveaux, Gosling, Armstrong, Shola Ameobi.
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 0
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 1
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2