Mar 15, 2014, 8:16 AM EDT
On Saturday at the KC Stadium Hull City host Manchester City (Watch live on NBCSN, 8:45 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with the Tigers seeking an upset.
Manchester City are coming off the back of their 2-1 midweek defeat to FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League, and with plenty of traveling, having the early kick off and visiting a notoriously hostile atmosphere, the stars seem to be aligning in Hull’s favor.
The Tigers continue to flirt with the relegation battle, after a good start has recently evaporate but the additions of Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic in January should see Hull stay up this season. The PL newcomers are also in the FA Cup semifinal after beating North East rivals Sunderland last Sunday.
As for City, they must pick themselves up and now concentrate on the league. After bowing out of the UCL against Barca, City now only have the PL to win alongside their League Cup trophy after being knocked out of the FA Cup by Wigan Athletic last weekend. These next few games will define City’s title charge, as the Citizens have games in hand but are desperate to close the seven-point gap on leaders Chelsea.
Hull City: McGregor, Rosenior, Elmohamady, Figueroa, Chester, Davies, Huddlestone, Meyler, Livermore, Jelavic, Long. Subs: Harper, Bruce, Koren, Fryatt, Boyd, Sagbo, Aluko
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Navas, Milner, Kolarov, Rodwell, Negredo
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 3
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 4
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0