Mar 15, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
The bear is dancing again in Houston. Will Bruin, coming off a two-goal performance on opening night against New England, put home his third of the season tonight against Montréal. The tally allowed the Dynamo to take a 1-0 lead into half time as well as claim the league’s goal scoring lead, breaking an early, four-way tie atop the chart.
On a ball coming in from the left, Bruin turned and shot from beyond the penalty area. Thanks to a big deflection off Eric Miller, Montréal’s first pick in this year’s draft, Bruin’s shot looped over Troy Perkins and into the Impact goal, giving the home side the lead.
Perhaps it’s too early to be referencing the goal scoring race, but in light of Bruin’s hot start, it helps paint the contrast between this season and last. Whereas 2013 saw an out-of-sorts Bruin go one 15-game stretch with only two goals, this season Bruin can do now wrong. With three goals and an assist, he’s allowed his team to outscore its opponents 5-0 through 135 minutes.
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 0
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2
- LIVE Transfer Ticker – Deadline Day updates 1
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 7