Mar 15, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
The bear is dancing again in Houston. Will Bruin, coming off a two-goal performance on opening night against New England, put home his third of the season tonight against Montréal. The tally allowed the Dynamo to take a 1-0 lead into half time as well as claim the league’s goal scoring lead, breaking an early, four-way tie atop the chart.
On a ball coming in from the left, Bruin turned and shot from beyond the penalty area. Thanks to a big deflection off Eric Miller, Montréal’s first pick in this year’s draft, Bruin’s shot looped over Troy Perkins and into the Impact goal, giving the home side the lead.
Perhaps it’s too early to be referencing the goal scoring race, but in light of Bruin’s hot start, it helps paint the contrast between this season and last. Whereas 2013 saw an out-of-sorts Bruin go one 15-game stretch with only two goals, this season Bruin can do now wrong. With three goals and an assist, he’s allowed his team to outscore its opponents 5-0 through 135 minutes.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0