Mar 16, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Looking to put serious pressure on Chelsea on the top of the table, Liverpool are 45 minutes away from an enormous win at Old Trafford.
On this particular occasion, Sturridge hit Suarez with a cross-pitch pass, and with the Uruguayan trying to work around Rafael, he caught the defender off balance and arms outstretched, and Suarez’s move clipped his hand.
Rafael was also lucky to remain on the pitch. With the Brazilian already on a yellow from just two minutes earlier, the Liverpool players pleaded with Mark Clattenberg to issue a second card, but he refused.
Gerrard was the man to pump the ball home from the spot, poking it right past a wrong-footed David de Gea in net.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0