Mar 16, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Looking to put serious pressure on Chelsea on the top of the table, Liverpool are 45 minutes away from an enormous win at Old Trafford.
On this particular occasion, Sturridge hit Suarez with a cross-pitch pass, and with the Uruguayan trying to work around Rafael, he caught the defender off balance and arms outstretched, and Suarez’s move clipped his hand.
Rafael was also lucky to remain on the pitch. With the Brazilian already on a yellow from just two minutes earlier, the Liverpool players pleaded with Mark Clattenberg to issue a second card, but he refused.
Gerrard was the man to pump the ball home from the spot, poking it right past a wrong-footed David de Gea in net.
- LIVE – Champions League: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich, Chelsea to Schalke 0
- Report: Sony will not renew sponsorship with FIFA over future World Cup shroud 3
- Wenger says Jack Wilshere has a “big ankle sprain” 2
- Premier League Playback: Should Liverpool fire Brendan Rodgers? 3
- Aston Villa 1-1 Southampton: Nathaniel Clyne secures point for Saints 2
- Tesho Akindele brings FC Dallas its first MLS Rookie of the Year award 0