Mar 16, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
With less than two minutes having elapsed from the opening whistle, Arsenal found themselves ahead.
With Sandro misfiring in the Spurs attacking end, the Gunners broke on the counter.
Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain worked hard to begin the counter and fed Rosicky down the right-hand side.
The Czech international worked down the entire right touchline before angling back towards the box and finding Ox back towards the middle.
Oxlade-Chamberlain was nearly dispossessed by tight defending, but he returned the ball to Rosicky before losing out, and the 33-year-old workhorse rifled home on a tight angle.
It’s Rosicky’s second goal of the season, and marks the fastest-ever goal by Arsenal against Tottenham in the history of the North London derby, according to Opta statistics.
The match has settled down since the goal, but it’s a shocking open for the visitors, and with Tim Sherwood criticizing his players for their lack of character throughout the buildup to the match, they will need to prove him wrong now more than ever.
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0