Mar 16, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
When you think you’ve seen it all, here comes the Jordan Pro League.
Al-Wehdat striker Motaz Salhani scored a backheel goal that you’ll want to watch over and over again, not just for the goal but for the reaction of the opposing goalkeeper (if anyone online can decipher who he is, please comment).
The keeper for Al-Ramtha just continues to give off the “What did you expect me to do with that?” expression as his teammates move toward him, and with good reason. Salhani was in a spot to control, not use his first touch to arch the keeper.
And the announcer goes bananas. The crowd goes bananas. I AM GOING BANANAS. What a goal.
Credit Al-Wehdat midfielder Baha’ Faisal because if he doesn’t make a pass well behind Salhani… well, the striker’s instincts can’t take over.
Al-Wehdat won the match, pulling into a first place tie in the league and taking a five-point lead over third-place Al-Ramtha.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1