Mar 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Even Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s nifty foot tricks don’t go as planned, he can bag a goal. And when they do, wow.
Examine both of his tallies today in Paris Saint-Germain’s 2-0 win over AS Saint Etienne.
First, an attempted flick and an attempted nutmeg both don’t work, but the ball still ends up in a spot where Zlatan can leap to strike one into the goal.
Twenty-six minutes later, Ibra is back in the business of build-up. This one’s a beaut, as he navigates his way through several defenders before a quick little pass pushes the attack wide. When the ball comes back inside, he knows just what to do with it:
He’s good at soccer.
- USA vs. Guatemala preview: USMNT’s final tune-up before 2015 Gold Cup 0
- 2015 Gold Cup – Group A preview: USMNT favorites over Honduras, Panama, Haiti 0
- Clint Dempsey replaced by Michael Bradley as USMNT captain for Gold Cup 5
- Despite devastating World Cup exit, England’s women inspired a nation 8
- US ask Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials 0
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 10