Mar 16, 2014, 2:41 AM EDT
5. Aurélien Collin, Sporting Kansas City
This isn’t your typical highlight reel goal, but the execution is perfect. From Benny Feilhaber’s service to Aurélien Collin’s finish, the only thing you could improve about this set piece is FC Dallas’s defense.
4. Joao Plata, Real Salt Lake
The Ecuadorian attacker’s second goal of the season features the closest thing soccer has to a basketball pump fake. Plata’s feint before eventually beating Jon Busch gave RSL a 2-1 lead.
3. Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders
A very Clint Dempsey goal opens “Deuce’s” account for the 2014 season, his run onto Obafemi Martins’ layoff pulling Seattle within one after he beat Júlio César.
2. Jermain Defoe, Toronto FC
Defoe’s finishing was on display on Saturday, with the TFC import making the most of the two chances he saw. Here, in the 24th minute, Defoe makes Seattle pay after a Marco Pappa back pass gives him a chance from outside the box.
1. Kyle Beckerman, Real Salt Lake
Left foot? Doesn’t matter. The U.S. international runs onto a ball well beyond the arch and beats Jon Busch off the left post for his 33rd MLS goal.
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 0
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1