Mar 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
File this one under ‘bizarre photo of the weekend.’
Reuters has revealed that Mexican 2nd Division side Celaya took an unusual pre-match photo before kickoff against Merida on Saturday night, with each member of the Starting XI donning a bag over his head. Celaya lost the match 2-1.
The bags were marked with peso signs, the word “págame” (pay me) and a variety of unhappy faces – a message of the team’s disdain not being paid for the last two months. What’s more, the players took the photo while facing the director’s box.
As it turns out, the stunt seems to have worked as the club responded over Twitter: “The appropriate measures are being taken and the situation is being resolved.”
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1