Mar 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
File this one under ‘bizarre photo of the weekend.’
Reuters has revealed that Mexican 2nd Division side Celaya took an unusual pre-match photo before kickoff against Merida on Saturday night, with each member of the Starting XI donning a bag over his head. Celaya lost the match 2-1.
The bags were marked with peso signs, the word “págame” (pay me) and a variety of unhappy faces – a message of the team’s disdain not being paid for the last two months. What’s more, the players took the photo while facing the director’s box.
As it turns out, the stunt seems to have worked as the club responded over Twitter: “The appropriate measures are being taken and the situation is being resolved.”
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2