Mar 21, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Bayern Munich midfielder and rumored Manchester United target Toni Kroos made it clear he’s not too worried about drawing the Red Devils in the Champions League quarterfinals.
Kroos posted “Ins Halbfinale natürlich…” on his Facebook page, which translates to “Into the semifinals, naturally…”
Seems he’s not too intimidated by the Premier League’s seventh-place club.
Although the post is meant to also correct a mistake in his previous post, where he claims they shouldn’t judge United by their position in the English table, there seems to be another motive behind his words.
Not only would this serve to splash some cold water on the April 1st first leg, but also to ease rumors that Kroos was set to make a switch to Manchester United this summer.
Less than two weeks ago, Kroos called the Premier League a “possibility” but also that his future was a complete mystery even to him.
However, with this latest move we now see where Manchester United stands compared to his current club, and that could give us a hint into the player’s mind regarding a future switch.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3