Mar 21, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Bayern Munich midfielder and rumored Manchester United target Toni Kroos made it clear he’s not too worried about drawing the Red Devils in the Champions League quarterfinals.
Kroos posted “Ins Halbfinale natürlich…” on his Facebook page, which translates to “Into the semifinals, naturally…”
Seems he’s not too intimidated by the Premier League’s seventh-place club.
Although the post is meant to also correct a mistake in his previous post, where he claims they shouldn’t judge United by their position in the English table, there seems to be another motive behind his words.
Not only would this serve to splash some cold water on the April 1st first leg, but also to ease rumors that Kroos was set to make a switch to Manchester United this summer.
Less than two weeks ago, Kroos called the Premier League a “possibility” but also that his future was a complete mystery even to him.
However, with this latest move we now see where Manchester United stands compared to his current club, and that could give us a hint into the player’s mind regarding a future switch.
- How should USWNT line up against Germany in World Cup semifinal? 0
- Pogba to Barcelona for $90 million? Reports in Italy say deal discussed 3
- Report: Manchester United make $45 million bid for Sergio Ramos 5
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1