Mar 21, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Bayern Munich midfielder and rumored Manchester United target Toni Kroos made it clear he’s not too worried about drawing the Red Devils in the Champions League quarterfinals.
Kroos posted “Ins Halbfinale natürlich…” on his Facebook page, which translates to “Into the semifinals, naturally…”
Seems he’s not too intimidated by the Premier League’s seventh-place club.
Although the post is meant to also correct a mistake in his previous post, where he claims they shouldn’t judge United by their position in the English table, there seems to be another motive behind his words.
Not only would this serve to splash some cold water on the April 1st first leg, but also to ease rumors that Kroos was set to make a switch to Manchester United this summer.
Less than two weeks ago, Kroos called the Premier League a “possibility” but also that his future was a complete mystery even to him.
However, with this latest move we now see where Manchester United stands compared to his current club, and that could give us a hint into the player’s mind regarding a future switch.
- Tesho Akindele brings FC Dallas its first MLS Rookie of the Year award 0
- Watch live: Aston Villa vs. Southampton (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Americans Abroad review: Boyd bags brace, Johannsson heads home (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Southampton 0
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 1
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1