Mar 22, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
There was no mercy on Saturday from the Premier League’s top three, with Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City combining for an incredible 17 goals. But whereas Brendan Rodgers and Manuel Pellegrini’s teams took advantage of clubs struggling for their Premier League survivals, José Mourinho’s first place Blues’ beat up on a now former title contender. That the title contender question happened to be rival Arsenal meant Saturdays’ headlines belonged to Chelsea. The 6-0 win over the Gunners maintained the leaders’ four-point advantage on Liverpool.
At the other end of the table, the bottom three remained unchanged, with Fulham, Cardiff City and Sunderland each losing by multiple goals. Thanks to Newcastle’s stoppage time goal from Papiss Cissé, however, the gap between the drop 18th (relegation) and 17th (safety) remained three points, with Crystal Palace’s 1-0 loss leaving the Eagles unable to improve on their league-low 19 goals.
Here are all the highlight’s from Saturday’s eight-game slate in the Premier League.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0