Mar 22, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
There was no mercy on Saturday from the Premier League’s top three, with Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City combining for an incredible 17 goals. But whereas Brendan Rodgers and Manuel Pellegrini’s teams took advantage of clubs struggling for their Premier League survivals, José Mourinho’s first place Blues’ beat up on a now former title contender. That the title contender question happened to be rival Arsenal meant Saturdays’ headlines belonged to Chelsea. The 6-0 win over the Gunners maintained the leaders’ four-point advantage on Liverpool.
At the other end of the table, the bottom three remained unchanged, with Fulham, Cardiff City and Sunderland each losing by multiple goals. Thanks to Newcastle’s stoppage time goal from Papiss Cissé, however, the gap between the drop 18th (relegation) and 17th (safety) remained three points, with Crystal Palace’s 1-0 loss leaving the Eagles unable to improve on their league-low 19 goals.
Here are all the highlight’s from Saturday’s eight-game slate in the Premier League.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6