Mar 22, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Cardiff host Liverpool in South Wales on Saturday (Watch live online via Live Extra, 11 am ET) with the two teams both needing a win, but for very different reasons.
Title-chasing Liverpool are on an incredible run towards the top, as they are yet to lose in 2014 and are coming off the back of an emphatic 3-0 pummeling of fierce rivals Manchester United.
As for Cardiff, they have won just three of their last 20 games and time is running out if Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s side are going to survive in their first Premier League season.
The Bluebirds are unbeaten in four games at home though, and they now they must start picking up wins in the Welsh capital if they’re going to dig themselves out of trouble. There’s still hope, as their next five games are against West Brom, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Stoke and Sunderland. But a point against Liverpool would do nicely.
In team news Cardiff start with Campbell up front with Craig Bellamy in behind against his former club, while Liverpool bring in Coutinho for Sterling.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge. Subs: Jones, Sakho, Cissokho, Lucas, Moses, Sterling, Aspas
- International Champions Cup: Schedule revealed as Chelsea, Manchester United take on MLS sides 1
- After Bournemouth all but seal Premier League place, here’s some other minnows to make the top-flight 0
- Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez calls Real Madrid “best team in the world” 1
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Liverpool 1
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0