Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
Get ready folks, this London derby promises to be a rambunctious affair between two clubs challenging for the Premier League tittle.
Chelsea welcome Arsenal to Stamford Bridge on Saturday (Watch live on NBCSN, 8:45 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with Jose Mourinho’s men aiming to get back on track after last week’s shock defeat away at Aston Villa. As for Arsenal, the Gunners are breathing down Chelsea’s neck, and with a win Arsene Wenger‘s side will be a point behind the Blues, and crucially have a game in hand.
As for Wenger, the game vs. Chelsea will be his 1,000th in charge of Arsenal in a landmark occasion which has seen the 64-year-old Frenchman lauded by the soccer community for his monumental achievement. But there will be no love lost on Saturday, as Mourinho is protecting an unbeaten home record in the PL and the Blues are desperate to keep that intact. Chelsea haven’t lost to Arsenal in their last four meetings, but can the Gunners launch themselves ahead of the pack in the title race with a win?
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, David Luiz; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o. Subs: Schwarzer, Kalas, Mikel, Lampard, Salah, Ba, Torres
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Flamini, Kallstrom, Sanogo, Gnabry
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 0
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1