Mar 22, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
With Arsenal getting trounced by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, City have the opportunity to pass the Gunners for third place in the table with a win.
The situation is just the opposite for the Whites. Any kind of result would be massive for their attempt to avoid relegation, sitting in a precarious position in the table’s basement.
Fulham will start with young Cauley Woodrow at the front for the third straight match. The 19-year-old worked ever so hard last week in the win over Newcastle, and has earned his spot ahead of Darren Bent and Hugo Rodallega.
Behind Woodrow is a very defensive lineup, so expect Fulham to pop plenty of men behind the ball. Defender Sascha Riether was named in the midfield, and it looks like the visitors will play on the counter.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Demichelis, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Nasri, Silva; Negredo.
Bench – Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Rodwell, Navas, Garcia, Jovetic
Fulham – Stockdale; Heitinga, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Riise; Kačaniklić, Riether, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson; Woodrow.
Bench – Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Kasami, Karagounis, Holtby, Roberts, Bent.
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 0
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 5
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 2
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 7