Mar 22, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
With Arsenal getting trounced by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, City have the opportunity to pass the Gunners for third place in the table with a win.
The situation is just the opposite for the Whites. Any kind of result would be massive for their attempt to avoid relegation, sitting in a precarious position in the table’s basement.
Fulham will start with young Cauley Woodrow at the front for the third straight match. The 19-year-old worked ever so hard last week in the win over Newcastle, and has earned his spot ahead of Darren Bent and Hugo Rodallega.
Behind Woodrow is a very defensive lineup, so expect Fulham to pop plenty of men behind the ball. Defender Sascha Riether was named in the midfield, and it looks like the visitors will play on the counter.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Demichelis, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Nasri, Silva; Negredo.
Bench – Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Rodwell, Navas, Garcia, Jovetic
Fulham – Stockdale; Heitinga, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Riise; Kačaniklić, Riether, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson; Woodrow.
Bench – Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Kasami, Karagounis, Holtby, Roberts, Bent.
- Manchester United’s Jonny Evans denies spitting, but Cisse apologizes as ban looms (video) 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York Red Bulls 0
- Who, if anybody, won the CBA negotiations in MLS: The players or the league? 2
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 7
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0