Mar 22, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
With Arsenal getting trounced by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, City have the opportunity to pass the Gunners for third place in the table with a win.
The situation is just the opposite for the Whites. Any kind of result would be massive for their attempt to avoid relegation, sitting in a precarious position in the table’s basement.
Fulham will start with young Cauley Woodrow at the front for the third straight match. The 19-year-old worked ever so hard last week in the win over Newcastle, and has earned his spot ahead of Darren Bent and Hugo Rodallega.
Behind Woodrow is a very defensive lineup, so expect Fulham to pop plenty of men behind the ball. Defender Sascha Riether was named in the midfield, and it looks like the visitors will play on the counter.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Demichelis, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Nasri, Silva; Negredo.
Bench – Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Rodwell, Navas, Garcia, Jovetic
Fulham – Stockdale; Heitinga, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Riise; Kačaniklić, Riether, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson; Woodrow.
Bench – Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Kasami, Karagounis, Holtby, Roberts, Bent.
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0