Mar 22, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
With Arsenal getting trounced by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, City have the opportunity to pass the Gunners for third place in the table with a win.
The situation is just the opposite for the Whites. Any kind of result would be massive for their attempt to avoid relegation, sitting in a precarious position in the table’s basement.
Fulham will start with young Cauley Woodrow at the front for the third straight match. The 19-year-old worked ever so hard last week in the win over Newcastle, and has earned his spot ahead of Darren Bent and Hugo Rodallega.
Behind Woodrow is a very defensive lineup, so expect Fulham to pop plenty of men behind the ball. Defender Sascha Riether was named in the midfield, and it looks like the visitors will play on the counter.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Demichelis, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Nasri, Silva; Negredo.
Bench – Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Rodwell, Navas, Garcia, Jovetic
Fulham – Stockdale; Heitinga, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Riise; Kačaniklić, Riether, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson; Woodrow.
Bench – Stekelenburg, Zverotic, Kasami, Karagounis, Holtby, Roberts, Bent.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0