Mar 22, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Squeaky bum time is upon us at Carrow Road, as Norwich host Sunderland on Saturday (Watch live online via Live Extra, 11am ET) in a massive relegation clash.
The Canaries are four points above the drop zone, and Sunderland, but the Black Cats have three games in hand. So a win for either side could be pivotal in their quest against the drop.
Norwich have won just two of their last 15 games, both at home, and manager Chris Hughton is coming under increased pressure as his side continue to tumble. The last time Sunderland won at Norwich was in the 1984-85 season… when both teams were relegated from the top-flight. Is that an omen?
As we mentioned, Gus Poyet’s men have three games in hand on those teams around them, but two of them are away at Liverpool and Manchester City and they also have Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United away to come. A truly horrendous run-in.
In team news Norwich start with Elmander supporting van Wolfswinkel, while Sunderland start U.S. national team striker Jozy Altidore.
Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Snodgrass, Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan; Elmander, van Wolfswinkel. Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Gutierrez, Becchio, Redmond.
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, O’Shea, Brown, Bridcutt, Colback, Ki, Johnson, Borini, Altidore. Subs: Ustari, Larsson, Celustka, Giaccherini, Vergini, Scocco, Cattermole.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1