Mar 22, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Squeaky bum time is upon us at Carrow Road, as Norwich host Sunderland on Saturday (Watch live online via Live Extra, 11am ET) in a massive relegation clash.
The Canaries are four points above the drop zone, and Sunderland, but the Black Cats have three games in hand. So a win for either side could be pivotal in their quest against the drop.
Norwich have won just two of their last 15 games, both at home, and manager Chris Hughton is coming under increased pressure as his side continue to tumble. The last time Sunderland won at Norwich was in the 1984-85 season… when both teams were relegated from the top-flight. Is that an omen?
As we mentioned, Gus Poyet’s men have three games in hand on those teams around them, but two of them are away at Liverpool and Manchester City and they also have Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United away to come. A truly horrendous run-in.
In team news Norwich start with Elmander supporting van Wolfswinkel, while Sunderland start U.S. national team striker Jozy Altidore.
Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Snodgrass, Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan; Elmander, van Wolfswinkel. Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Gutierrez, Becchio, Redmond.
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, O’Shea, Brown, Bridcutt, Colback, Ki, Johnson, Borini, Altidore. Subs: Ustari, Larsson, Celustka, Giaccherini, Vergini, Scocco, Cattermole.
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0