Mar 22, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
David Ousted has had an up-and-down time in Major League Soccer, but in the fifth minute of the Whitecaps game at New England this afternoon, the Austrian goalkeeper may have made his most significant contribution since arriving last summer. He also may have taken the early lead in MLS’s Save of the Year race.
On an early corner played near post, New England’s Andy Dorman redirects a sharp header toward the middle of goal, catching Ousted as he moved toward his left post. Going airborne, the former Randers No. 1 reaches back with his right hand and pushes it over the bar, depriving the Revolution of their first goal of the season.
The stop ultimately cost New England two points. Through the Revolution were better throughout, they were never able to test Ousted like they did in today’s sixth minute. Still without a goal through three games, New England was held to a 0-0 draw.
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron inks new three-year contract at Stoke City 1
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0