Mar 22, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Zlatan Ibrahimović is known for a lot of things. Scoring dramatic goals. Speaking his mind freely. Taking to social media to boost his new Dare to Zlatan campaign by answering questions in a typical, absurdly egotistical manner.
Zlatan can amuse, Zlatan can awe, Zlatan can create controversy. But Ibrahimović very rarely displays a kinder, gentler side.
That’s why Ibra’s reaction to a young pitch invader on Friday was so surprising – and, dare we say it, touching. Paris Saint-Germain played out a close game with Lorient, winning 1-0 to move eleven points clear at the top of the Ligue 1 table. Lorient goalkeeper Fabien Audard parried Ibrahimović’s shot, but Thiago Motta was on hand to capitalize, putting in PSG’s only goal. Zlatan very nearly doubled his side’s lead in the second half, sending in a sharp strike from distance, but again Audard was on hand to save.
When the whistle blew shortly after a Lorient goal was ruled out as offside, a PSG fan, desperate to show his gratitude to his side’s captain, slipped on to the pitch and ran toward Ibrahimovic, very nearly flattening him in a rather nifty tackle. Rather than unleash his firey temper at the youngster, Ibra smiled, took off his shirt, and presented it to his fan. The two shared a hug before the fan was sent away with some major bragging rights.
Don’t believe it? Watch for yourselves:
#RESPECT • Zlatan Ibrahimovic Gives his t-shirt… by f1074116181
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0