Mar 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Peter Crouch has hit back against his former club on the pitch, scoring Stoke’s second in just four minutes as they now have a sudden 3-1 lead at Villa Park just before halftime.
You can watch the entertaining match live online at NBC Sports Live Extra or on NBCSN.
The hosts had gone ahead through Christian Benteke after just five minutes when the big Belgian blasted home from close range, but Stoke have built themselves up since, and now have the lead for it.
First it was Peter Odemwingie to give Stoke their equalizer. Crouch won a header (also, water is wet) which clipped the ball into the lane, which Odemwingie occupied, using his strength to beat Ryan Bertrand to the ball.
Then just four minutes later it was Crouch’s turn to get a feed. In a similar look to Benteke’s goal earlier, Erik Pieters had the ball at the end line and beat a defender before cutting back to the towering striker all alone in the box and he cranked from close range into the back of the net.
The 33-year-old has come on strong in the second half, as that goal is his fifth since the end of December.
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0
- Odell Beckham Jr. appears on TV show in England, reveals former dream was to be a pro soccer player 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 1