Mar 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Peter Crouch has hit back against his former club on the pitch, scoring Stoke’s second in just four minutes as they now have a sudden 3-1 lead at Villa Park just before halftime.
You can watch the entertaining match live online at NBC Sports Live Extra or on NBCSN.
The hosts had gone ahead through Christian Benteke after just five minutes when the big Belgian blasted home from close range, but Stoke have built themselves up since, and now have the lead for it.
First it was Peter Odemwingie to give Stoke their equalizer. Crouch won a header (also, water is wet) which clipped the ball into the lane, which Odemwingie occupied, using his strength to beat Ryan Bertrand to the ball.
Then just four minutes later it was Crouch’s turn to get a feed. In a similar look to Benteke’s goal earlier, Erik Pieters had the ball at the end line and beat a defender before cutting back to the towering striker all alone in the box and he cranked from close range into the back of the net.
The 33-year-old has come on strong in the second half, as that goal is his fifth since the end of December.
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 0
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 5
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 8
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 2
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 7