Mar 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Peter Crouch has hit back against his former club on the pitch, scoring Stoke’s second in just four minutes as they now have a sudden 3-1 lead at Villa Park just before halftime.
You can watch the entertaining match live online at NBC Sports Live Extra or on NBCSN.
The hosts had gone ahead through Christian Benteke after just five minutes when the big Belgian blasted home from close range, but Stoke have built themselves up since, and now have the lead for it.
First it was Peter Odemwingie to give Stoke their equalizer. Crouch won a header (also, water is wet) which clipped the ball into the lane, which Odemwingie occupied, using his strength to beat Ryan Bertrand to the ball.
Then just four minutes later it was Crouch’s turn to get a feed. In a similar look to Benteke’s goal earlier, Erik Pieters had the ball at the end line and beat a defender before cutting back to the towering striker all alone in the box and he cranked from close range into the back of the net.
The 33-year-old has come on strong in the second half, as that goal is his fifth since the end of December.
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0