Mar 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Peter Crouch has hit back against his former club on the pitch, scoring Stoke’s second in just four minutes as they now have a sudden 3-1 lead at Villa Park just before halftime.
You can watch the entertaining match live online at NBC Sports Live Extra or on NBCSN.
The hosts had gone ahead through Christian Benteke after just five minutes when the big Belgian blasted home from close range, but Stoke have built themselves up since, and now have the lead for it.
First it was Peter Odemwingie to give Stoke their equalizer. Crouch won a header (also, water is wet) which clipped the ball into the lane, which Odemwingie occupied, using his strength to beat Ryan Bertrand to the ball.
Then just four minutes later it was Crouch’s turn to get a feed. In a similar look to Benteke’s goal earlier, Erik Pieters had the ball at the end line and beat a defender before cutting back to the towering striker all alone in the box and he cranked from close range into the back of the net.
The 33-year-old has come on strong in the second half, as that goal is his fifth since the end of December.
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 3
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 1
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0