Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The bottom six teams in Serie A all lost, while Napoli’s job at overtaking Roma for No. 2 on the table got a whole lot harder after they lost to Fiorentina.
Faouzi Ghoulam took a red card in the 37th minute for a late tackle, but it took Joaquin deep into the second half to solve 10-man Napoli. Manuel Pasqual sent a ball into the box that Joaquin headed home in the 87th minute.
Meanwhile AS Roma went on the road and won 2-0 at Chievo thanks to first-half goals from Mattia Destro and Gervinho, opening up a six-point lead on Napoli.
Though i Lupi remain 14 points of the league-leading Old Lady, as Juventus continued rolling with a 1-0 win at Catania. Carlos Tevez scored in the 59th minute before a red card to Gonzalo Bergessio made the win a bit easier.
- Torino 3-1 Livorno — 24-year-old Ciro Immobile struck thrice before Livorno broke the clean sheet at the 89th minute.
- Parma 1-1 Genoa — The teams traded first half goals, with Isaac Cofie scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute before Ezequiel Schelotto equalized 10 minutes later.
- Udinese 1-0 Sassuolo – Antonio Di Natale scored in the 26th before missing a pen in the 36th. It mattered not.
- Sampdoria 5-0 Verona – Roberto Soriano scored a brace as four Sampdoria players netted in a rout.
- Inter Milan 1-2 Atalanta — Mauro Icardi’s 36th minute goal was bookended by Giacomo Bonaventura’s 35th and 90th minute goals.
- Lazio 1-1 AC Milan — Abdoulay Konko’s own goal was the only way Milan could break through, then allowing an Alvaro Gonzalez goal after half.
- Bologna 1-0 Cagliari — Lazaros Christodoulopoulos notched a pen in the 78th minute.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Not a huge risk for Arsenal, but certainly a good bit of business for United. Could Welbeck become the next Daniel Sturridge?
Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Jermain Defoe, Danny Welbeck and Hatem Ben Arfa all make one last run through the rumor mill as the deadline draws near.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
McArthur and Fryers arrive at Selhurst Park.
Sep 1, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
The Dutch international rejoins his World Cup boss for four seasons at “the biggest club in the world.”
Sep 1, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
What originally was thought to be a steal is turning out to be quite a hit to Manchester United’s wallet.
Sep 1, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
AC Milan made the terrible mistake of confirming a deal before it was complete, and now they’re forced to rescind their confirmation.
Sep 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Time running out for U.S. national team star to seal his move away from Stoke.
Sep 1, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Spurs could be back in for Rodriguez, as third bid made for England international.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The biggest deals of the summer listed here.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Reports are exploding that Welbeck’s location lends itself to a shock move to Arsenal, but we’re not so sure.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
It’s the fourth loan spell for Chalobah, who will get his first taste of Premier League play.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
A fee of around $15 million breaks Hull City’s transfer record for a player.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
A season-long move to last year’s relegation threatened squad will see Green get valuable playing experience.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
The 27-year-old midfielder can’t catch a break, as his knee fails him yet again.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Down the depth chart at Spurs, Sandro could be on his way to QPR. Borini would be a backup plan to Jermain Defoe.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
PST’s Lead Writer and Editor takes an alternative look at all the action from Week 3 in the PL.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
Stay up to date with everything happening on Deadline Day with our live ticker.
Sep 1, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
Rumored to be wanted by Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, the young Italian star will instead stay at his current home.
Sep 1, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
There’s going to be plenty of movement today, and the early morning brings us news on Jay Rodriguez, Alvaro Negred, Matija Nastasic, and more.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:55 AM EDT
Manchester United are reportedly close to securing a world-class striker for just $9 million.
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 0
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 1
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2