Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The bottom six teams in Serie A all lost, while Napoli’s job at overtaking Roma for No. 2 on the table got a whole lot harder after they lost to Fiorentina.
Faouzi Ghoulam took a red card in the 37th minute for a late tackle, but it took Joaquin deep into the second half to solve 10-man Napoli. Manuel Pasqual sent a ball into the box that Joaquin headed home in the 87th minute.
Meanwhile AS Roma went on the road and won 2-0 at Chievo thanks to first-half goals from Mattia Destro and Gervinho, opening up a six-point lead on Napoli.
Though i Lupi remain 14 points of the league-leading Old Lady, as Juventus continued rolling with a 1-0 win at Catania. Carlos Tevez scored in the 59th minute before a red card to Gonzalo Bergessio made the win a bit easier.
- Torino 3-1 Livorno — 24-year-old Ciro Immobile struck thrice before Livorno broke the clean sheet at the 89th minute.
- Parma 1-1 Genoa — The teams traded first half goals, with Isaac Cofie scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute before Ezequiel Schelotto equalized 10 minutes later.
- Udinese 1-0 Sassuolo – Antonio Di Natale scored in the 26th before missing a pen in the 36th. It mattered not.
- Sampdoria 5-0 Verona – Roberto Soriano scored a brace as four Sampdoria players netted in a rout.
- Inter Milan 1-2 Atalanta — Mauro Icardi’s 36th minute goal was bookended by Giacomo Bonaventura’s 35th and 90th minute goals.
- Lazio 1-1 AC Milan — Abdoulay Konko’s own goal was the only way Milan could break through, then allowing an Alvaro Gonzalez goal after half.
- Bologna 1-0 Cagliari — Lazaros Christodoulopoulos notched a pen in the 78th minute.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
The leaked images of United’s kit were the real McCoy, and the Red Devils white-cuffed kits are pretty sharp.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
What’s 5,000 or so miles amongst fans?
Jul 31, 2015, 8:14 PM EDT
Guardiola can erase a minor Bayern demon with his first Super Cup win on Saturday versus Wolfsburg.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
In the PDL, Seattle Sounders U-23, New York Red Bulls U-23, K-W United and Ocala Stampede are left, while the NPSL has New York Cosmos B, Chattanooga FC, Indiana Fire and CD Aguiluchos USA remaining.
Jul 31, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Arsenal looks to win its second-straight Community Shield, something that only Manchester United has been able to do since 2000.
Jul 31, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Dick Advocaat is hoping familiarity will combine with a couple buys to help Sunderland avoid a relegation fight for the 1st time in a while.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
In a BBC feature, Bill Peterson makes it clear he thinks the desire for pro/rel is real.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Johannsson had already said he wants to play Stateside in “his prime”, but a Yahoo Sports report said his desires have obstacles.
Jul 31, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
The Lions will continue to play at the Citrus Bowl until the new venue is completed.
Jul 31, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
Is this the case of a 33-year-old who’s over the hill, or can he return to the form which saw him score double-digit goals and assists?
Jul 31, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Will the Saints keep marching up the PL standings? Maybe a European campaign will derail their progress?
Jul 31, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
After signing nine new players this summer, is Sherwood taking a gamble?
Jul 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Here’s the latest gossip from around the PL.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Can the Potters build on their best-ever PL finish last season? The top eight is a possibility for Hughes’ side.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Blues boss compliments Gunners, gives update on injured duo ahead of Community Shield match.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
Soaking in the atmosphere on a special night at St Mary’s, as Saints’ Europa League campaign began.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
Terry: “Regardless of what people say, you can’t take away what I have won and done in the game.”
Jul 31, 2015, 7:55 AM EDT
Gunners keep experienced duo around, as Walcott decides to stay at the Emirates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
Louis van Gaal seems to have misplaced his club’s $90 million investment, purchased just 12 months ago.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
With three attacking signings already made this summer, Balotelli and Borini look destined to leave Liverpool before the transfer deadline.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0