Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The bottom six teams in Serie A all lost, while Napoli’s job at overtaking Roma for No. 2 on the table got a whole lot harder after they lost to Fiorentina.
Faouzi Ghoulam took a red card in the 37th minute for a late tackle, but it took Joaquin deep into the second half to solve 10-man Napoli. Manuel Pasqual sent a ball into the box that Joaquin headed home in the 87th minute.
Meanwhile AS Roma went on the road and won 2-0 at Chievo thanks to first-half goals from Mattia Destro and Gervinho, opening up a six-point lead on Napoli.
Though i Lupi remain 14 points of the league-leading Old Lady, as Juventus continued rolling with a 1-0 win at Catania. Carlos Tevez scored in the 59th minute before a red card to Gonzalo Bergessio made the win a bit easier.
- Torino 3-1 Livorno — 24-year-old Ciro Immobile struck thrice before Livorno broke the clean sheet at the 89th minute.
- Parma 1-1 Genoa — The teams traded first half goals, with Isaac Cofie scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute before Ezequiel Schelotto equalized 10 minutes later.
- Udinese 1-0 Sassuolo – Antonio Di Natale scored in the 26th before missing a pen in the 36th. It mattered not.
- Sampdoria 5-0 Verona – Roberto Soriano scored a brace as four Sampdoria players netted in a rout.
- Inter Milan 1-2 Atalanta — Mauro Icardi’s 36th minute goal was bookended by Giacomo Bonaventura’s 35th and 90th minute goals.
- Lazio 1-1 AC Milan — Abdoulay Konko’s own goal was the only way Milan could break through, then allowing an Alvaro Gonzalez goal after half.
- Bologna 1-0 Cagliari — Lazaros Christodoulopoulos notched a pen in the 78th minute.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
The Dutch midfielder scored off two ridiculous strikes to lead Galatasary over rivals Fenerbahce.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Sounders came from 2-0 down to steal a draw in Los Angeles at Landon Donovan’s final regular season home game.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Werder Bremen became the first team without a shot in a Bundesliga game as Bayern continues to cruise.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
The Argentinian forward is scoring goals at a blistering pace for Manchester City. Could he be the most lethal striker in Europe?
Oct 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Catch up on all of this weekend’s action from Spain and Italy’s top flights.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
After an ugly 8-0 thrashing at Southampton, Vito Mannone said he will try to pay back fans who travelled to the game.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The American international responded to Jurgen Klinsmann’s recent criticism of his return to the MLS.
Oct 19, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
The private nature of Mackay’s texts may help him steer clear of FA charges.
Oct 19, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Bale did not play in Real Madrid’s match against Levante while nursing a muscle injury.
Oct 19, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
12 players sent off, an ambulance called, and riot police on the field. That was the carnage from an ugly brawl in Argentinian soccer.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
The Swansea manager was furious following a soft penalty given for a foul on Victor Moses, suggesting his club has been hard done by referees plenty this season.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Raheem Sterling faced criticism from the British media for his fitness, but he was also rumored to be wanted by Real Madrid. Ancelotti says don’t believe the rumors.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The QPR manager loved what he saw on the field at Loftus Road despite the loss. Off the field is a different story.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Walters scored the winner off the bench as Stoke City grabbed a much-needed three points.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Harry Redknapp was left flabbergasted after his side performed well but fell 3-2 after a bonkers last five minutes at Loftus Road.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Rodgers, Gerrard know the Reds were fortunate to leave West London with all three points. But they’ll take it.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Two teams who have dipped in form look to get back on track at the Britannia.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Liverpool struggled through the first hour, but somehow earned the win in an absolutely wild finish.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
QPR’s wasteful finishing, Balotelli’s struggles and much more from a superb encounter at Loftus Road.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:41 AM EDT
Borussia Dortmund have lost five of their opening eight matches, putting them in 14th.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1