Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The bottom six teams in Serie A all lost, while Napoli’s job at overtaking Roma for No. 2 on the table got a whole lot harder after they lost to Fiorentina.
Faouzi Ghoulam took a red card in the 37th minute for a late tackle, but it took Joaquin deep into the second half to solve 10-man Napoli. Manuel Pasqual sent a ball into the box that Joaquin headed home in the 87th minute.
Meanwhile AS Roma went on the road and won 2-0 at Chievo thanks to first-half goals from Mattia Destro and Gervinho, opening up a six-point lead on Napoli.
Though i Lupi remain 14 points of the league-leading Old Lady, as Juventus continued rolling with a 1-0 win at Catania. Carlos Tevez scored in the 59th minute before a red card to Gonzalo Bergessio made the win a bit easier.
- Torino 3-1 Livorno — 24-year-old Ciro Immobile struck thrice before Livorno broke the clean sheet at the 89th minute.
- Parma 1-1 Genoa — The teams traded first half goals, with Isaac Cofie scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute before Ezequiel Schelotto equalized 10 minutes later.
- Udinese 1-0 Sassuolo – Antonio Di Natale scored in the 26th before missing a pen in the 36th. It mattered not.
- Sampdoria 5-0 Verona – Roberto Soriano scored a brace as four Sampdoria players netted in a rout.
- Inter Milan 1-2 Atalanta — Mauro Icardi’s 36th minute goal was bookended by Giacomo Bonaventura’s 35th and 90th minute goals.
- Lazio 1-1 AC Milan — Abdoulay Konko’s own goal was the only way Milan could break through, then allowing an Alvaro Gonzalez goal after half.
- Bologna 1-0 Cagliari — Lazaros Christodoulopoulos notched a pen in the 78th minute.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
The little magician grabbed three assists and carved open Paraguay’s defense time and time again. Sublime.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Spanish club reveal snazzy new jerseys with plenty of meaning behind them. Check out the rainbow inspired get-up, here.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Despite Di Maria’s stop-start debut campaign at Old Trafford, the Argentine international still has the backing of his teammates.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:22 AM EDT
Here’s the latest batch of gossip from around the PL.
Jul 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Joe Prince-Wright dissects the big deals of the summer so far and takes a look at the latest transfer gossip doing the rounds.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
England international right back Clyne has signed a long-term deal at Anfield.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
Jill Ellis takes a lot of criticism, but she got it right again on Tuesday, moves that got the U.S. into the World Cup final.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
It’ll be an interesting story to follow as it unfolds across American soccer’s top flight.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
For 32 glorious minutes, we thought there was a good chance we’d see a third-tier side in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup’s quarterfinals.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
The United States played its best soccer in two years with a victory over Germany in an epic win over Germany.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
Either Landon Donovan is emotionally removed from last summer’s World Cup roster omission drama, or the USMNT legend just passive-aggressively lashed out at former coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
There will be a blockbuster final to the Copa America, as Argentina thumped Paraguay to cruise to the final.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
With one brilliant 90-minute performance, the United States reasserted itself as the best team in the world.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The U.S. is headed to the final for the fourth time in seven tournaments.
Report: Pearson’s firing due to Leicester players’ racist sex tape scandal, “definitely not a football issue”
Jun 30, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
Will either side be able to rebound from the latest incident?
Jun 30, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
The Ivorian international, 28, appeared set for a 4-year deal worth about $14.5 million.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
There hasn’t been a single clean sheet kept in a match-up of these two teams since 2010. Should be a fun one.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Lauren Holiday and Megan Rapinoe return from their yellow card suspensions to play starting roles in Tuesday’s Women’s World Cup semifinal.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
There’s haves, have nots and have a lots, and the Los Angeles Galaxy are in the final category.
Jun 30, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
A long-standing right bone bruise will keep the Houston Dynamo midfielder out of the upcoming Gold Cup.
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 0
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 18