Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The bottom six teams in Serie A all lost, while Napoli’s job at overtaking Roma for No. 2 on the table got a whole lot harder after they lost to Fiorentina.
Faouzi Ghoulam took a red card in the 37th minute for a late tackle, but it took Joaquin deep into the second half to solve 10-man Napoli. Manuel Pasqual sent a ball into the box that Joaquin headed home in the 87th minute.
Meanwhile AS Roma went on the road and won 2-0 at Chievo thanks to first-half goals from Mattia Destro and Gervinho, opening up a six-point lead on Napoli.
Though i Lupi remain 14 points of the league-leading Old Lady, as Juventus continued rolling with a 1-0 win at Catania. Carlos Tevez scored in the 59th minute before a red card to Gonzalo Bergessio made the win a bit easier.
- Torino 3-1 Livorno — 24-year-old Ciro Immobile struck thrice before Livorno broke the clean sheet at the 89th minute.
- Parma 1-1 Genoa — The teams traded first half goals, with Isaac Cofie scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute before Ezequiel Schelotto equalized 10 minutes later.
- Udinese 1-0 Sassuolo – Antonio Di Natale scored in the 26th before missing a pen in the 36th. It mattered not.
- Sampdoria 5-0 Verona – Roberto Soriano scored a brace as four Sampdoria players netted in a rout.
- Inter Milan 1-2 Atalanta — Mauro Icardi’s 36th minute goal was bookended by Giacomo Bonaventura’s 35th and 90th minute goals.
- Lazio 1-1 AC Milan — Abdoulay Konko’s own goal was the only way Milan could break through, then allowing an Alvaro Gonzalez goal after half.
- Bologna 1-0 Cagliari — Lazaros Christodoulopoulos notched a pen in the 78th minute.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Suarez apparently doesn’t think he could be classified as hooligan after his biting incidents.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The New England Revolution have been on the losing end early in the season before.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
No first cap just yet for Kane, though he’s expected to come off the bench in the second half.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
A resounding result for the 2016 Olympics hopefuls, away from home.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Stoke City are on the verge of their first-ever top-10 finish in the Premier League, and Mark Hughes has been rewarded for his success.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
Another bitter injury blow for Juventus, who now have just one fit, first-team central midfielder.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Lampard is in the Big Apple, where he’ll spend time with his future teammates and watch them play Sporting KC.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
With a six-point lead in the league (and a game in hand), do Chelsea really need a “blessing in disguise” to win this year’s Premier League title?
Mar 27, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
A star-depleted (international duty) Week 4 of MLS should still provide lots of entertainment and quality.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
If punditry doesn’t work for Scholes, sign him up as Man United’s top player recruiter. At least he aims high.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Watch in 90 seconds the construction of Avaya Stadium, from Day 1 to Game 1.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:17 PM EDT
Another month out for Sturridge, just when Liverpool’s top-four dreams rest on his shoulders the most.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
You couldn’t get this one anymore wrong, UEFA. 10-times worse than racism? Not OK.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
Solo said her 30-day suspension was full of therapy, apologies to her teammates and getting herself right for this summer’s World Cup.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:04 PM EDT
This weekend’s EURO 2016 qualifiers marks the halfway point of the group stage, which means it’s do-or-die time for a few hopefuls, and some giants.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The “Special One” received a rather special amount of cash in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Reports claim Pjanic is ready to leave Roma after four years in the Italian capital.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
Xavi is heading to Qatar on a three-year deal, will get paid $11 million per season.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Here’s a look at the players with the highest revenue in 2014.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5