Mar 23, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
Several outlets have reports saying David Moyes has secured his first big signing of the offseason… in March?
William Carvalho has appeared twice for the Portugal national team and, according to a few reports, the 21-year-old Sporting Lisbon man is all set to be delivered to Manchester United after the World Cup for a crazy big of 37.5 million pounds (about $62 million).
Carvalho turns 22 in early April and was born in Angola. He’s scored thrice in 23 appearances for Lisbon, with loan spells at Portuguese lower division club Fatima and Cercle Brugge of the Belgian Pro League.
He’s got decent size at 6-foot-1 and, more importantly for United, possesses that $62 million release clause. Chelsea has also been linked with the midfielder, but apparently Moyes has struck first.
- Watch Live: Everton vs. Arsenal (Lineups) 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Leicester City: Costa scores again, Hazard ensures win 1
- Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Guzan saves a point as Villa moves top 0
- ‘Powerful explosions’ rock Shakhtar Donetsk’s home stadium in Ukraine 2
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 2 0
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 2-1 Real Salt Lake 0