Mar 23, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
Several outlets have reports saying David Moyes has secured his first big signing of the offseason… in March?
William Carvalho has appeared twice for the Portugal national team and, according to a few reports, the 21-year-old Sporting Lisbon man is all set to be delivered to Manchester United after the World Cup for a crazy big of 37.5 million pounds (about $62 million).
Carvalho turns 22 in early April and was born in Angola. He’s scored thrice in 23 appearances for Lisbon, with loan spells at Portuguese lower division club Fatima and Cercle Brugge of the Belgian Pro League.
He’s got decent size at 6-foot-1 and, more importantly for United, possesses that $62 million release clause. Chelsea has also been linked with the midfielder, but apparently Moyes has struck first.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0