Mar 23, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
Several outlets have reports saying David Moyes has secured his first big signing of the offseason… in March?
William Carvalho has appeared twice for the Portugal national team and, according to a few reports, the 21-year-old Sporting Lisbon man is all set to be delivered to Manchester United after the World Cup for a crazy big of 37.5 million pounds (about $62 million).
Carvalho turns 22 in early April and was born in Angola. He’s scored thrice in 23 appearances for Lisbon, with loan spells at Portuguese lower division club Fatima and Cercle Brugge of the Belgian Pro League.
He’s got decent size at 6-foot-1 and, more importantly for United, possesses that $62 million release clause. Chelsea has also been linked with the midfielder, but apparently Moyes has struck first.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1