Mar 23, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Emmanuel Adebayor has been ruled out following a heel injury that will keep him out of today’s matchup with Southampton.
Adebayor missed the midweek loss to Benfica with a gashed knee, but according to Stan Collymore on Twitter, the Togolese international suffered a new heel injury in the buildup to this game.
Sherwood has dealt with a rash of injuries of late, and Adebayors will only add to his misery. On the back line, captain Michael Dawson makes his return from a hamstring injury, although he can only make the bench and Younes Kaboul once again starts next to Jan Vertonghen.
For Southampton, they have the ability to jump Newcastle in the table with a win today to go eighth.
Jack Cork is a late boost for the Saints in midfield, but with Victor Wanyama still out and a miss from Morgan Schneiderlin with a groin injury, Jake Ward-Prowse comes in alongside Cork and Steven Davis in the central midfield.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen; Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Dawson, Fryers, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Kane.
Southampton – Boruc; Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw; Cork, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez; Lambert.
Bench – Gazzaniga, Yoshida, Ramírez, Chambers, Hooiveld, Reed, Gallagher.
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1