Mar 23, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Emmanuel Adebayor has been ruled out following a heel injury that will keep him out of today’s matchup with Southampton.
Adebayor missed the midweek loss to Benfica with a gashed knee, but according to Stan Collymore on Twitter, the Togolese international suffered a new heel injury in the buildup to this game.
Sherwood has dealt with a rash of injuries of late, and Adebayors will only add to his misery. On the back line, captain Michael Dawson makes his return from a hamstring injury, although he can only make the bench and Younes Kaboul once again starts next to Jan Vertonghen.
For Southampton, they have the ability to jump Newcastle in the table with a win today to go eighth.
Jack Cork is a late boost for the Saints in midfield, but with Victor Wanyama still out and a miss from Morgan Schneiderlin with a groin injury, Jake Ward-Prowse comes in alongside Cork and Steven Davis in the central midfield.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen; Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Dawson, Fryers, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Kane.
Southampton – Boruc; Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw; Cork, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez; Lambert.
Bench – Gazzaniga, Yoshida, Ramírez, Chambers, Hooiveld, Reed, Gallagher.
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0