Mar 23, 2014, 3:09 AM EDT
#3. FC Dallas: Mauro Díaz connects with Je-Vaughn Watson
The worst part about Saturday’s action is Mauro Díaz not getting an assist on this goal:
Oh, so we can have hockey assists but we can’t bend the rules a little for Mauro Díaz? Tony Lochhead, think of the bitter picture next time you try to make a play on this kind of ball. Mauro Díaz deserved better.
If MLS is truly such a forward thinking place, the Disciplinary Committee will intervene and grant Díaz his assist. It’s the right thing to do.
#2. LA Galaxy: Robbie Keane says welcome back to Chris Schuler
“Hey, Chris: Stop Robbie. Okay, maybe stop him now. How about now … Chris? CHRIS!” — Maybe Nick Rimando. Maybe Nat Borchers. Maybe both?
#1. Columbus Crew: Bernardo Anor wins Week 3
This broke Philly’s day, dividing it between the 45 minutes when they thought they could win and the second 45 where they mumbled under their breathes about Bernardo Anor.
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Netherlands, Italy rescue draws; Bale, Wales go top 1
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 4