Mar 23, 2014, 3:09 AM EDT
#3. FC Dallas: Mauro Díaz connects with Je-Vaughn Watson
The worst part about Saturday’s action is Mauro Díaz not getting an assist on this goal:
Oh, so we can have hockey assists but we can’t bend the rules a little for Mauro Díaz? Tony Lochhead, think of the bitter picture next time you try to make a play on this kind of ball. Mauro Díaz deserved better.
If MLS is truly such a forward thinking place, the Disciplinary Committee will intervene and grant Díaz his assist. It’s the right thing to do.
#2. LA Galaxy: Robbie Keane says welcome back to Chris Schuler
“Hey, Chris: Stop Robbie. Okay, maybe stop him now. How about now … Chris? CHRIS!” — Maybe Nick Rimando. Maybe Nat Borchers. Maybe both?
#1. Columbus Crew: Bernardo Anor wins Week 3
This broke Philly’s day, dividing it between the 45 minutes when they thought they could win and the second 45 where they mumbled under their breathes about Bernardo Anor.
- $88 million Edinson Cavani linked to Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United 0
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0