Mar 23, 2014, 3:09 AM EDT
#3. FC Dallas: Mauro Díaz connects with Je-Vaughn Watson
The worst part about Saturday’s action is Mauro Díaz not getting an assist on this goal:
Oh, so we can have hockey assists but we can’t bend the rules a little for Mauro Díaz? Tony Lochhead, think of the bitter picture next time you try to make a play on this kind of ball. Mauro Díaz deserved better.
If MLS is truly such a forward thinking place, the Disciplinary Committee will intervene and grant Díaz his assist. It’s the right thing to do.
#2. LA Galaxy: Robbie Keane says welcome back to Chris Schuler
“Hey, Chris: Stop Robbie. Okay, maybe stop him now. How about now … Chris? CHRIS!” — Maybe Nick Rimando. Maybe Nat Borchers. Maybe both?
#1. Columbus Crew: Bernardo Anor wins Week 3
This broke Philly’s day, dividing it between the 45 minutes when they thought they could win and the second 45 where they mumbled under their breathes about Bernardo Anor.
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 2
- VIDEO: Watch every goal as USA lead Japan 4-1 in crazy first half of World Cup final 1
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2