Going to Manchester, Chelsea, Juve? Nope. Long-rumored transfer target Guarin extended by Inter Milan
Mar 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Turns out he’s staying put.
The 27-year-old midfielder has signed an extension with Inter through 2017, seemingly keeping him firmly in Milan through the next few transfer seasons (though of course contract stability doesn’t always mean much).
“I am delighted,” Guarin told Inter Channel. “I’m living my dream and I’m happy to be able to continue being a part of this squad. Two years have already passed since I arrived here and so far it’s been a very positive experience.”
Guarin arrived from Porto in 2008 and has scored seven goals in 57 Serie A matches for Inter, though play creation is more of his game. He’s also scored thrice in earning 48 caps for his national team, who is slotted in Group C with Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan in this summer’s World Cup.
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 8
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0
- Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors persist. Can it happen in January? 1
- Report: Arsenal have deal in place to sign Chelsea’s Petr Cech 1