Going to Manchester, Chelsea, Juve? Nope. Long-rumored transfer target Guarin extended by Inter Milan
Mar 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Turns out he’s staying put.
The 27-year-old midfielder has signed an extension with Inter through 2017, seemingly keeping him firmly in Milan through the next few transfer seasons (though of course contract stability doesn’t always mean much).
“I am delighted,” Guarin told Inter Channel. “I’m living my dream and I’m happy to be able to continue being a part of this squad. Two years have already passed since I arrived here and so far it’s been a very positive experience.”
Guarin arrived from Porto in 2008 and has scored seven goals in 57 Serie A matches for Inter, though play creation is more of his game. He’s also scored thrice in earning 48 caps for his national team, who is slotted in Group C with Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan in this summer’s World Cup.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0