Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Professional wrestling doesn’t often get referenced here at PST, unless of course there are rumors of WWE moguls purchasing Premier League clubs, but today is an outlier as WrestlingNewsWorld.com is among the sites that clued us in to this story.
According to multiple reports citing the Adidas video below, Mexico’s jersey for the World Cup was inspired by WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) March 24, 2014
Here’s the video getting plenty of guff from YouTube commenters who appear to be fans of El Tri. It also delves into the shirt designs for Spain and Germany.
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 6
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 7
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0