Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Professional wrestling doesn’t often get referenced here at PST, unless of course there are rumors of WWE moguls purchasing Premier League clubs, but today is an outlier as WrestlingNewsWorld.com is among the sites that clued us in to this story.
According to multiple reports citing the Adidas video below, Mexico’s jersey for the World Cup was inspired by WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) March 24, 2014
Here’s the video getting plenty of guff from YouTube commenters who appear to be fans of El Tri. It also delves into the shirt designs for Spain and Germany.
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 1
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 4
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 1