Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Professional wrestling doesn’t often get referenced here at PST, unless of course there are rumors of WWE moguls purchasing Premier League clubs, but today is an outlier as WrestlingNewsWorld.com is among the sites that clued us in to this story.
According to multiple reports citing the Adidas video below, Mexico’s jersey for the World Cup was inspired by WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) March 24, 2014
Here’s the video getting plenty of guff from YouTube commenters who appear to be fans of El Tri. It also delves into the shirt designs for Spain and Germany.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0