Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Professional wrestling doesn’t often get referenced here at PST, unless of course there are rumors of WWE moguls purchasing Premier League clubs, but today is an outlier as WrestlingNewsWorld.com is among the sites that clued us in to this story.
According to multiple reports citing the Adidas video below, Mexico’s jersey for the World Cup was inspired by WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) March 24, 2014
Here’s the video getting plenty of guff from YouTube commenters who appear to be fans of El Tri. It also delves into the shirt designs for Spain and Germany.
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 2
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 4
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 11
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 5