Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Professional wrestling doesn’t often get referenced here at PST, unless of course there are rumors of WWE moguls purchasing Premier League clubs, but today is an outlier as WrestlingNewsWorld.com is among the sites that clued us in to this story.
According to multiple reports citing the Adidas video below, Mexico’s jersey for the World Cup was inspired by WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) March 24, 2014
Here’s the video getting plenty of guff from YouTube commenters who appear to be fans of El Tri. It also delves into the shirt designs for Spain and Germany.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0