Mar 24, 2014, 10:38 AM EST
With Matchweek 31 in the books, let’s take a look at the Premier League Team of the Week.
Four players make up the midfield led by Manchester City talisman Yaya Toure, whose hat-trick led the Citizens to a 5-0 blanking of Fulham. Alongside the Ivorian is Norwich’s Robert Snodgrass, whose goal helped the Canaries to a key 2-0 victory over Sunderland, Christian Eriksen (2 goals, 1 assist), who was involved in all three of Spurs’ goals, and Andre Schurrle (1 goal, 1 assist), who is proving himself the in-form man at Chelsea.
Up top is the strikeforce of Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney, with Oscar playing in the hole. Suarez was fantastic against Cardiff, bagging his third hat-trick of the season, Rooney stepped into the #10 role for United with authority, scoring a 51 yard wonder-strike, and Oscar dashed Arsenal’s hopes of a title run with a sensational brace at the Bridge.
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 6
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 5
- Liverpool’s Rodgers disturbed at Premier League scheduling around Europa League 5