Mar 24, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
With Matchweek 31 in the books, let’s take a look at the Premier League Team of the Week.
Four players make up the midfield led by Manchester City talisman Yaya Toure, whose hat-trick led the Citizens to a 5-0 blanking of Fulham. Alongside the Ivorian is Norwich’s Robert Snodgrass, whose goal helped the Canaries to a key 2-0 victory over Sunderland, Christian Eriksen (2 goals, 1 assist), who was involved in all three of Spurs’ goals, and Andre Schurrle (1 goal, 1 assist), who is proving himself the in-form man at Chelsea.
Up top is the strikeforce of Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney, with Oscar playing in the hole. Suarez was fantastic against Cardiff, bagging his third hat-trick of the season, Rooney stepped into the #10 role for United with authority, scoring a 51 yard wonder-strike, and Oscar dashed Arsenal’s hopes of a title run with a sensational brace at the Bridge.
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4