Mar 25, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
Manchester United host Manchester United on Tuesday at Old Trafford (Watch live on NBCSN, 3:45 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) in the 167th edition of the Manchester derby.
The Red Devils are looking for revenge over their ‘noisy neighbors’ as City demolished United 4-1 at the Etihad earlier this season. Manuel Pellegrini’s side are still in the title hunt and a win over their fierce rivals could send them second and put them just three points behind leaders Chelsea, with two games in hand.
As for David Moyes, his side are through to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League where Bayern Munich await. However the Red Devils are still languishing in seventh spot, and face a tall order to reach the top five at this rate. City know a win in this match could hammer the final nail in the coffin for United, as their doomed PL campaign has been teetering on the brink of disaster for most of the season. Last time out at home in the league United were hammered 3-0 by Liverpool, so they won’t want another defeat to a rival back-to-back.
In team news Manchester United bring Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck back into the starting lineup after the quartet missed the win over West Ham on Saturday. Manchester City bring back suspended captain Vincent Kompany, while Gael Clichy, Jesus Navas and Edin Dzeko all start.
Manchester United: De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini; Mata, Welbeck, Rooney. Subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Fletcher, Kagawa, Young, Valencia, Hernandez
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6