Mar 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
A breathless first 45 minutes has played out at Old Trafford, as Manchester City lead Manchester United 1-0 in the 167th edition of the Manchester derby. Man City made a lighting quick start to the match, as Edin Dzeko opened the scoring within 43 seconds of the kick off.
David Silva burst into the box and Rafael stopped him with a last-ditch tackle but the ball then broke to Samir Nasri, who shifted the ball onto his right foot and struck the post but the rebound came straight to Dzeko who tapped home from two-yards out to give City the perfect start.
In the opening stages City dominated as Silva pulled the strings and both he and Dzeko could’ve doubled the away sides lead as Manchester United were all over the place defensively.
However David Moyes‘ men regained their composure and by the end of the half were dominating possession and flooding forward in number to cause City’s defense all kinds of problems.
The game is teed up perfectly for a pulsating second half, will City hang on to boost their title hopes? Or can United fight back to grab bragging rights?
Don’t miss a kick, by tuning into NBCSN now or watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3