Mar 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
With one point through three matches and exactly zero goals on the season, the New England Revolution continue to search for offensive production.
We’re not just talking about on-field scoring from new blood like Teal Bunbury and Daigo Kobayashi, rather using New England’s two available roster sports on starters… even stars.
“We still have two roster spots to go and that’s without making any other additional moves. So we’re still looking for another midfielder and we’re still looking for another forward.”
“We’re not just looking for guys that we think are going to be role guys. We’re trying to find another player or two that we think can come in and be a starter.”
Burns, the 75-times capped USMNT defender, told the Revs site that his staff is out on an “international scouting trip” this week, but declined to give specifics on the regions or players being scoured for talent.
The Revs only Designated Player is Honduras’ Jerry Bengtson, so it’s not ridiculous for Revs fans to dream big (though obviously there are limitations given the March date).
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9