Mar 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
With one point through three matches and exactly zero goals on the season, the New England Revolution continue to search for offensive production.
We’re not just talking about on-field scoring from new blood like Teal Bunbury and Daigo Kobayashi, rather using New England’s two available roster sports on starters… even stars.
“We still have two roster spots to go and that’s without making any other additional moves. So we’re still looking for another midfielder and we’re still looking for another forward.”
“We’re not just looking for guys that we think are going to be role guys. We’re trying to find another player or two that we think can come in and be a starter.”
Burns, the 75-times capped USMNT defender, told the Revs site that his staff is out on an “international scouting trip” this week, but declined to give specifics on the regions or players being scoured for talent.
The Revs only Designated Player is Honduras’ Jerry Bengtson, so it’s not ridiculous for Revs fans to dream big (though obviously there are limitations given the March date).
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6