Mar 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
With one point through three matches and exactly zero goals on the season, the New England Revolution continue to search for offensive production.
We’re not just talking about on-field scoring from new blood like Teal Bunbury and Daigo Kobayashi, rather using New England’s two available roster sports on starters… even stars.
“We still have two roster spots to go and that’s without making any other additional moves. So we’re still looking for another midfielder and we’re still looking for another forward.”
“We’re not just looking for guys that we think are going to be role guys. We’re trying to find another player or two that we think can come in and be a starter.”
Burns, the 75-times capped USMNT defender, told the Revs site that his staff is out on an “international scouting trip” this week, but declined to give specifics on the regions or players being scoured for talent.
The Revs only Designated Player is Honduras’ Jerry Bengtson, so it’s not ridiculous for Revs fans to dream big (though obviously there are limitations given the March date).
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 1
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3