Mar 26, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Jurgen Klinsmann has released his roster for the upcoming April 2 friendly against Mexico in Arizona, and newly-minted USMNT member Julian Green is among an otherwise MLS-heavy group of players coming to Glendale to play El Tri.
Bayern Munich’s Green is joined in the forward ranks by Clint Dempsey, Chris Wondolowski and Eddie Johnson, while the midfield has Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Brad Davis, Landon Donovan, Maurice Edu, Luis Gil and Graham Zusi.
There are eight listed defenders making the trip: DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, Brad Evans, Omar Gonzalez, Clarence Goodson, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Michael Parkhurst and DeAndre Yedlin.
The goalkeepers are Bill Hamid of DC United, Sean Johnson of the Chicago Fire and Nick Rimando of Real Salt Lake.
Aside from Green, only Orozco and Beasley — both of Liga MX’s Puebla — are competing outside of MLS.
“Everyone knows the clock is ticking,” said Klinsmann. “This is a huge opportunity for our players to show where they are at and to make their case. We expect them to give a really strong performance against a Mexican team that is now basically coming back on track. They need to prove now that they badly want to go to Brazil.”
The USMNT is 2-0 in Glendale, with wins over Mexico and Venezuela.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0