Mar 26, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Jurgen Klinsmann has released his roster for the upcoming April 2 friendly against Mexico in Arizona, and newly-minted USMNT member Julian Green is among an otherwise MLS-heavy group of players coming to Glendale to play El Tri.
Bayern Munich’s Green is joined in the forward ranks by Clint Dempsey, Chris Wondolowski and Eddie Johnson, while the midfield has Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Brad Davis, Landon Donovan, Maurice Edu, Luis Gil and Graham Zusi.
There are eight listed defenders making the trip: DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, Brad Evans, Omar Gonzalez, Clarence Goodson, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Michael Parkhurst and DeAndre Yedlin.
The goalkeepers are Bill Hamid of DC United, Sean Johnson of the Chicago Fire and Nick Rimando of Real Salt Lake.
Aside from Green, only Orozco and Beasley — both of Liga MX’s Puebla — are competing outside of MLS.
“Everyone knows the clock is ticking,” said Klinsmann. “This is a huge opportunity for our players to show where they are at and to make their case. We expect them to give a really strong performance against a Mexican team that is now basically coming back on track. They need to prove now that they badly want to go to Brazil.”
The USMNT is 2-0 in Glendale, with wins over Mexico and Venezuela.
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 13
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 32