Inter Milan’s president speaks on interest in stars from Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester powers
Mar 26, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
Inter Milan president Erick Thohir was not reserved in discussing the players he covets for his side next season, dropping names like a kid trying to impress a friend (on the club’s official web site, no less).
Having already inked Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter appears anxious to further dig into the Premier League market.
Let’s go to Inter’s English report:
“Evra and Sagna? We’ve never had any negotiations with Evra. We’re interested in Sagna because we need to balance the team. Right now we only have Nagatomo and Jonathan. If one of them gets injured you need somebody else to come in. But if Sagna decided to stay in England, we’d understand and in that case we might bring in a young player from our academy.”
Sky Sports reports that Thohir expects Sagna will stay in England.
Thohir was also asked about the possibility of bringing Dzeko aboard from Manchester City, or Chelsea’s Fernando Torres:
“Torres, Morata and Dzeko? What I said is that we need someone up top. The media have written about those players and I mentioned that one of them would be good for Inter.”
Alvaro Morata is the 21-year-old Real Madrid striker with 13 goals in 12 caps for Spain’s U-21 side.
Inter is struggling through this season, in Serie A’s fifth place. The club is level with Parma and four points back of No. 4 Fiorentina. The top of the league? Juventus is 31 points away, which means each of those players carries tremendous possibilities.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1