Mar 26, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Earlier today we brought you the reasoning behind Daniele De Rossi not coming to MLS as planned: a brand new Roma-only stadium for his i Lupi.
And now Roma has brought us visual reasons that make it all-the-more understandable. The club has been sharing a 61-year-old stadium with rivals Lazio, so a new place is long overdue, and American owner Jim Pallotta is delivering a new Coliseum-inspired fortress.
The renderings are something else:
There are more photos here. Enjoy!!
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 1
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 6
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 4
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4