Mar 26, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Earlier today we brought you the reasoning behind Daniele De Rossi not coming to MLS as planned: a brand new Roma-only stadium for his i Lupi.
And now Roma has brought us visual reasons that make it all-the-more understandable. The club has been sharing a 61-year-old stadium with rivals Lazio, so a new place is long overdue, and American owner Jim Pallotta is delivering a new Coliseum-inspired fortress.
The renderings are something else:
There are more photos here. Enjoy!!
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 5
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 4
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1