Mar 26, 2014, 2:09 AM EDT
The Manchester Derby garnered all the attention ahead of Tuesday’s games, but after the results in North London and Newcastle, the race for fourth in the Premier League came back into view. After a surprise draw against visiting Swansea, Arsenal now finds its fourth place standing under threat. Everton, who won at St. James’ Park, is still six points back, but with a game in hand and a visit from Arsenal in 10 days, the Toffees have a chance to make an unlikely run for fourth.
Even with that new drama, the day’s primary concern was Manchester. City, trying to make the most of the three games it had in hand on Chelsea, cashed in the first for three points with their visit to Old Trafford. In the process, the Citizens sparked a new round of anguish surrounding David Moyes‘ job, with the Red Devils now guaranteed to finished with their lowest point total in the Premier League era.
Here are the highlight of Tuesday’s three Premier League games.
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 4
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0