Mar 26, 2014, 2:09 AM EST
The Manchester Derby garnered all the attention ahead of Tuesday’s games, but after the results in North London and Newcastle, the race for fourth in the Premier League came back into view. After a surprise draw against visiting Swansea, Arsenal now finds its fourth place standing under threat. Everton, who won at St. James’ Park, is still six points back, but with a game in hand and a visit from Arsenal in 10 days, the Toffees have a chance to make an unlikely run for fourth.
Even with that new drama, the day’s primary concern was Manchester. City, trying to make the most of the three games it had in hand on Chelsea, cashed in the first for three points with their visit to Old Trafford. In the process, the Citizens sparked a new round of anguish surrounding David Moyes‘ job, with the Red Devils now guaranteed to finished with their lowest point total in the Premier League era.
Here are the highlight of Tuesday’s three Premier League games.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 2
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0