Mar 26, 2014, 2:09 AM EDT
The Manchester Derby garnered all the attention ahead of Tuesday’s games, but after the results in North London and Newcastle, the race for fourth in the Premier League came back into view. After a surprise draw against visiting Swansea, Arsenal now finds its fourth place standing under threat. Everton, who won at St. James’ Park, is still six points back, but with a game in hand and a visit from Arsenal in 10 days, the Toffees have a chance to make an unlikely run for fourth.
Even with that new drama, the day’s primary concern was Manchester. City, trying to make the most of the three games it had in hand on Chelsea, cashed in the first for three points with their visit to Old Trafford. In the process, the Citizens sparked a new round of anguish surrounding David Moyes‘ job, with the Red Devils now guaranteed to finished with their lowest point total in the Premier League era.
Here are the highlight of Tuesday’s three Premier League games.
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 16
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4