Mar 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
On Saturday at the Emirates, Arsenal host Manchester City (Watch live on NBCSN at 1:30 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with both teams still harboring ambitions of lifting the Premier League title.
After their recent poor form, it seems as though Arsenal are battling to stay in the top four as Everton breath down their neck. As for Man City, they’ve kept five clean sheets on the spin and are unbeaten in their last seven PL games; winning five of those.
The Citizens look in ominous form after they dismantled Manchester United in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford on Wednesday. Arsenal slipped up by letting in a last-minute equalizer against Swansea, and following a 6-0 hammering to Chelsea last Saturday, Arsene Wenger is under massive pressure.
As for City boss Manuel Pellegrini, he’ll be hoping his side can replicate the stunning offensive display they put on in the 6-3 demolition of the Gunenrs at the Etihad earlier this season.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Fabianski, Bellerin, Jenkinson, Kallstrom, Gnabry, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo
- WATCH LIVE: FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake kick off MLS weekend 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1
- Robben dominance, Malanda miss give Bayern opening match win over Wolfsburg 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 2
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0