Mar 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
On Saturday at the Emirates, Arsenal host Manchester City (Watch live on NBCSN at 1:30 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with both teams still harboring ambitions of lifting the Premier League title.
After their recent poor form, it seems as though Arsenal are battling to stay in the top four as Everton breath down their neck. As for Man City, they’ve kept five clean sheets on the spin and are unbeaten in their last seven PL games; winning five of those.
The Citizens look in ominous form after they dismantled Manchester United in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford on Wednesday. Arsenal slipped up by letting in a last-minute equalizer against Swansea, and following a 6-0 hammering to Chelsea last Saturday, Arsene Wenger is under massive pressure.
As for City boss Manuel Pellegrini, he’ll be hoping his side can replicate the stunning offensive display they put on in the 6-3 demolition of the Gunenrs at the Etihad earlier this season.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Fabianski, Bellerin, Jenkinson, Kallstrom, Gnabry, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1