Mar 29, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Chelsea must get a win at Selhurst Park if they want to ensure their spot at the top of the Premier League table – but Crystal Palace also need a win to ensure they stay safe (Watch live on NBCSN at 11 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra).
The visitors are coming off a dramatic 6-0 victory over Arsenal last weekend, but with just a one point lead over Liverpool – and just three points over Manchester City, who have two games in hand – their place at the top of the table is anything but secure. Chelsea know they need an emphatic win, but will they be able to break down Palace?
It’s likely that Tony Pulis will be content with just a point. Crystal Palace are but three points above the relegation zone, but a draw would ensure they’re still safe come the end of the weekend. And considering the hosts have scored just one goal in their last five matches, playing for a point may be the only realistic option.
Palace had a tough time of it last weekend, with Newcastle grabbing a late winner deep in extra time. Pulis keeps the faith in that side, sending out an unchanged starting XI to face Chelsea.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Puncheon, Ledley, Bolasie, Jerome
Subs: Hennessey, Parr, McCarthy, O’Keefe, Bannan, Ince, Murray
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Matic, Lampard, Schurrle, Hazard, Torres
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3