Mar 29, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
One of the Premier League’s hottest sides is… Stoke City, and the Potters will look to crack the much-wanted 40-point barrier with a win over visiting Hull City on Saturday (Watch live online at 11am ET via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Tigers are eight points clear of the drop zone, though Steve Bruce’s boys have lost three of four PL fixtures. Still alive for the FA Cup, Hull could feel comfortable turning their focus to European qualification if they could steal three points from the Britannia Stadium today.
Don’t expect Hull to be calm out of the gates, perhaps still riled up from some controversial referee decisions midweek against West Ham United that had Bruce questioning the officials’ “common sense.”
It’s only the sixth time these two teams have met in the Premier League, with the Potters holding a 2W-2D-1L advantage. Will Hull hand them their first loss in March, or will Stoke escape the month unscathed?
Stoke City: Begovic; Pieters, Wilson, Shawcross, Cameron; Arnautovic, Nzonzi, Whelan; Ireland, Odemwingie, Crouch
Subs: Sorensen; Muniesa, Palacios, Adam, Guidetti, Wilkinson, Etherington
Hull City: Harper, Rosenior, Bruce, Chester, Davies, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Jelavic, Long, Elmohamady
Subs: Jakupovic, Figueroa, Koren, Fryatt, Sagbo, Aluko, Quinn
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1