Mar 30, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
After a delightful first half from the home side that produced everything but a goal, Fulham have been punished for their wastefulness just six minutes after the break.
A corner came in to substitute Steven Naismith, whose shot deflected off Fulham midfielder William Kvist before clanking off the foot of a scrambling David Stockdale and planting into the back of the net.
The goal will likely go down as an own goal off Stockdale, as the original shot from Naismith was on target but the Kvist deflection would have seen it go wide.
Fulham have looked very bright going forward, and full debutant Moussa Dembele has been positive at the front despite failing to convert a few good first-half chances.
However, Everton look recharged after halftime, and have punished a Fulham team that has conceded most of its goals this season in the second half.
The two teams are in completely different table scenarios. Fulham are sitting bottom of the standings, and only three points today would really do them service.
A half-hour remains at Craven Cottage for Fulham to get back into it or for Everton to put the game away. You can watch live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Everton on the other hand could pull within four points of Arsenal in the final Champions League spot, with the two set to square off next weekend.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 0
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 11
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 22