Mar 30, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Jose Torres isn’t going to USMNT camp this week despite doing some pretty splendid things for Liga MX side Tigres this season in Nueva Leon, and that didn’t stop him from adding to his resume this weekend.
Given approximately four months to shoot by Toluca’s back line, Torres lashed a left-footed wonder high into the goal for Tigres’ only goal in a 2-1 loss. The side sits in 16th place while Toluca is second in the Clausura season.
Torres is the leading scorer for Tigres with, hold onto your hats, two goals. Fair play: both were brilliant shots.
Here’s this week’s effort, celebrated by the man Mexican fans call “Gringo” with an Obafemi Martins’ style flip:
And another, this one from a silly difficult angle:
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3