Mar 30, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Jose Torres isn’t going to USMNT camp this week despite doing some pretty splendid things for Liga MX side Tigres this season in Nueva Leon, and that didn’t stop him from adding to his resume this weekend.
Given approximately four months to shoot by Toluca’s back line, Torres lashed a left-footed wonder high into the goal for Tigres’ only goal in a 2-1 loss. The side sits in 16th place while Toluca is second in the Clausura season.
Torres is the leading scorer for Tigres with, hold onto your hats, two goals. Fair play: both were brilliant shots.
Here’s this week’s effort, celebrated by the man Mexican fans call “Gringo” with an Obafemi Martins’ style flip:
And another, this one from a silly difficult angle:
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0