Mar 30, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Jose Torres isn’t going to USMNT camp this week despite doing some pretty splendid things for Liga MX side Tigres this season in Nueva Leon, and that didn’t stop him from adding to his resume this weekend.
Given approximately four months to shoot by Toluca’s back line, Torres lashed a left-footed wonder high into the goal for Tigres’ only goal in a 2-1 loss. The side sits in 16th place while Toluca is second in the Clausura season.
Torres is the leading scorer for Tigres with, hold onto your hats, two goals. Fair play: both were brilliant shots.
Here’s this week’s effort, celebrated by the man Mexican fans call “Gringo” with an Obafemi Martins’ style flip:
And another, this one from a silly difficult angle:
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 6
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0