Mar 30, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Jose Torres isn’t going to USMNT camp this week despite doing some pretty splendid things for Liga MX side Tigres this season in Nueva Leon, and that didn’t stop him from adding to his resume this weekend.
Given approximately four months to shoot by Toluca’s back line, Torres lashed a left-footed wonder high into the goal for Tigres’ only goal in a 2-1 loss. The side sits in 16th place while Toluca is second in the Clausura season.
Torres is the leading scorer for Tigres with, hold onto your hats, two goals. Fair play: both were brilliant shots.
Here’s this week’s effort, celebrated by the man Mexican fans call “Gringo” with an Obafemi Martins’ style flip:
And another, this one from a silly difficult angle:
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5