Mar 30, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Jose Torres isn’t going to USMNT camp this week despite doing some pretty splendid things for Liga MX side Tigres this season in Nueva Leon, and that didn’t stop him from adding to his resume this weekend.
Given approximately four months to shoot by Toluca’s back line, Torres lashed a left-footed wonder high into the goal for Tigres’ only goal in a 2-1 loss. The side sits in 16th place while Toluca is second in the Clausura season.
Torres is the leading scorer for Tigres with, hold onto your hats, two goals. Fair play: both were brilliant shots.
Here’s this week’s effort, celebrated by the man Mexican fans call “Gringo” with an Obafemi Martins’ style flip:
And another, this one from a silly difficult angle:
- Americans Abroad review: Boyd bags brace, Johannsson heads home (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Southampton 0
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6