Mar 30, 2014, 7:58 AM EDT
With Fulham having sold 26-year-old Belgian Moussa Dembele to Tottenham two summers ago, his 17-year-old French counterpart with the same name has been called up from the youth squad for his first career Premier League start.
The Whites are in a dire position, and manager Felix Magath has been throwing every possible solution at the wall until something sticks. He handed young Cauley Woodrow his debut a few weeks ago, and the youngster finds himself a place on the bench today.
With Fulham spending a record total on Greek striker Kostas Mitroglou, the goal-scorer has done nothing but find himself on the treatment table, and remains out with a knee problem. Mitroglou has made just a single start since signing for Fulham, and with Darren Bent ineffective it’s left Magath to scrape from the youth squad for options.
The test for Fulham is a tough one, against an Everton side that Roberto Martinez has not just guided into the top seven, but pressuring Arsenal for the final Champions League position.
With the Gunners having failed to secure all three points at the Emirates against high-flying Manchester City, the opportunity has been presented to Tim Howard and the Toffees to gain ground with a win, which would see them pull four back of Arsenal.
Everton are unchanged from their win over Newcastle last week, still without Phil Jagielka who has missed five matches now with a hamstring problem. Steven Pienaar remains sidelined as well, struggling with an injured knee.
Fulham – Stockdale; Riether, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise; Holtby, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson; Kasami, Dembèlè.
Bench – Stekelenburg, Diarra, Kačaniklić, Dejagah, Roberts, Bent, Woodrow.
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Deulofeu, Barkley, Osman; Lukaku.
Bench – Joel, McGeady, Mirallas, Naismith, Garbutt, Alcaraz, Browning.
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 0
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 3