Mar 30, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
The Reds have a chance to go top of the table, as they take on Tottenham from Anfield with control of their own destiny.
Liverpool’s strike partnership of Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez – often referred to SaS – continue to draw headlines and will get back to work live on NBCSN and live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
The pair has a staggering 48 goals between the two, and a win would see the Reds jump two ahead of Chelsea to the top spot in the Premier League table.
Brendan Rodgers has not changed his side from their midweek win over Sunderland, with no new injuries to his squad.
Spurs, meanwhile, are still without Emmanuel Adebayor who has a heel problem. Roberto Soldado takes his place up top in a very attacking lineup that sports five attacking-minded midfielders behind him.
With Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood needing another marquee win to hold off Manchester United in the sixth position, he’s chosen to leave both Sandro and Paulinho out of the lineup, with the latter not in the squad altogether.
At the back, Sherwood is still without Vlad Chiriches, who is nearly back from injury but for now Younes Kaboul continues to deputize in the center of defense. Also injured are Etienne Capoue and Erik Lamela.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan; Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling; Sturridge, Suarez.
Bench – Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen; Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Winks, Kane.
- MLS Week 1 preview: Sounders vs. Revs, Timbers vs. RSL headline First Kick weekend 0
- FA Cup preview: Wembley trips on the line as Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool shoot for semis 0
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 7
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9