Mar 30, 2014, 3:44 AM EST
#6. FC Dallas: Kenny Cooper finishes the counter
It’s not that Kenny Cooper’s finish was particularly great. It’s the entire execution on this goal, from Obafemi Martins’ play to Cooper, to the former FC Dallas man’s speed getting the ball in the back of Steve Clark’s net. You draw it up like this, but you don’t necessarily think it will ever be this straight forward.
#5. Philadelphia Union: Vincent Nogueira opens his MLS account
And to think, this guy had trouble finishing over the first three weeks of the season. On Saturday, Nogueira takes Jack MacInerney’s pass and blisters a shot past Troy Perkins, giving Philadelphia a lead.
#4. Columbus Crew: Justin Meram sinks Seattle
Not the most difficult shot on this list, but we’re giving Meram extra credit because of the context. His 94th minute goal gave Columbus a 2-1 win in Seattle.
#3. New England Revolution: Lee Nguyen reverse Goonies San Jose
Speaking of extra credit, this run and goal from Lee Nguyen snapped San Jose’s 21-game home unbeaten streak. It also gave New England its first win of the season. (The goal isn’t up on MLSSoccer.com at the top of this post, so here’s the whole game’s highlight package:)
#2. Montréal Impact: Marco Di Vaio makes his return
Returning from a three-game suspension, Di Vaio’s first shot on target this season ended the Impact’s losing streak, giving Montréal a draw in Philadelphia:
#1. Sporting Kansas City: Dom Dwyer
Just act like you’ve done it before, Dom, even though for Sporting, you certainly have not. This blast won the game in Colorado:
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 1
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8