Mar 31, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Milos Dragojević made a subpar goal kick, and Fukui Masato made him pay for it… from within his own half
Today’s long-distance tally comes from a 1-0 victory by Sutjeska over Mladost in the First League of Montenegro. The winners are the top team in the top flight, but needed this 87th minute goal to stand during a visit from their relegation-scrapping opponents.
The 25-year-old Japanese midfielder has a neat back story, taking a chance on top flight European soccer after he played professionally in Japan while earning his college degree.
Credit to 101greatgoals for posting the link.
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 0
- Pro-Palestinian protestors attack Israeli players on pitch in Austria 0
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 3
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 3
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1