Mar 31, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Julian Green is 18 years old and scoring tons of goals for Bayern Munich II. More importantly, he’s young and a newly-minted member of the United States national team who could presumably make the roster for this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.
So, like English fans with Michael Owen in 1998, United States Soccer supporters are devouring anything Green-related.
And so it’s such that when MLSSoccer.com posts a three-minute video of him warming-up and training with the US national team, I watched the whole thing just in case something awesome happened.
It didn’t, really. I mean, he looks pretty quick and he’s in much better shape than me, but really it’s endemic of US Soccer fiends that despite me telling you nothing great happens, you’re going to watch, too.
So here’s the video. Enjoy the jogging.
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4