Mar 31, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
With six matchweeks to play in the Premier League, Sunderland sits second-from-bottom on 25 points, four points adrift of safety.
It’s a position that’s far from ideal but the Black Cats have nine matches to play as they seek to overcome what’s been a roller-coaster ride of a season. In this video, we look back on the last eight months at the Stadium of Light and see if Sunderland has what it takes to righten the ship by Survival Sunday.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 0
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 9
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5