Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
English broadcaster Ian Darke is well-regarded in soccer circles, and is taking his talents to the word of comedy in ESPN’s latest promotional video for the World Cup.
Darke is shown given the shot-for-shot on a first date between an awkward young man and an attractive young brunette.
I’ll leave you to decide what’s funnier: Darke’s pronunciation of the word “pasta” or the way he physically slides up to the table with the couple, headphones on dome. I choose the latter, as it seems more intentional.
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4