Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
English broadcaster Ian Darke is well-regarded in soccer circles, and is taking his talents to the word of comedy in ESPN’s latest promotional video for the World Cup.
Darke is shown given the shot-for-shot on a first date between an awkward young man and an attractive young brunette.
I’ll leave you to decide what’s funnier: Darke’s pronunciation of the word “pasta” or the way he physically slides up to the table with the couple, headphones on dome. I choose the latter, as it seems more intentional.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6