Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
English broadcaster Ian Darke is well-regarded in soccer circles, and is taking his talents to the word of comedy in ESPN’s latest promotional video for the World Cup.
Darke is shown given the shot-for-shot on a first date between an awkward young man and an attractive young brunette.
I’ll leave you to decide what’s funnier: Darke’s pronunciation of the word “pasta” or the way he physically slides up to the table with the couple, headphones on dome. I choose the latter, as it seems more intentional.
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 5
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 8
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 3