Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
English broadcaster Ian Darke is well-regarded in soccer circles, and is taking his talents to the word of comedy in ESPN’s latest promotional video for the World Cup.
Darke is shown given the shot-for-shot on a first date between an awkward young man and an attractive young brunette.
I’ll leave you to decide what’s funnier: Darke’s pronunciation of the word “pasta” or the way he physically slides up to the table with the couple, headphones on dome. I choose the latter, as it seems more intentional.
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 0
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 3
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 11
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6