Apr 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
English broadcaster Ian Darke is well-regarded in soccer circles, and is taking his talents to the word of comedy in ESPN’s latest promotional video for the World Cup.
Darke is shown given the shot-for-shot on a first date between an awkward young man and an attractive young brunette.
I’ll leave you to decide what’s funnier: Darke’s pronunciation of the word “pasta” or the way he physically slides up to the table with the couple, headphones on dome. I choose the latter, as it seems more intentional.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1