Apr 1, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
April Fools Day is just about the worst time to grab a shift at Pro Soccer Talk. Wading through the baloney involving who is going to transfer where and who said what about who isn’t my idea of a good time.
But there’s no question this bit of video is satirical and, frankly, it’s funny.
The web site FCBusiness brings us this video from Betfair on the latest in English soccer technology: “RoboRef.” And cheers to former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher for getting involved in the prank:
“RoboRef is quite unique, isn’t he? He’s got 360 vision. He’s got GPS tracking. He’s very, very fast.”
Unlike most April Fools Day jokes, enjoy this one:
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 3
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 4
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0
- Premier League player of month on pace for 67 goals (video) 0