Apr 1, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
April Fools Day is just about the worst time to grab a shift at Pro Soccer Talk. Wading through the baloney involving who is going to transfer where and who said what about who isn’t my idea of a good time.
But there’s no question this bit of video is satirical and, frankly, it’s funny.
The web site FCBusiness brings us this video from Betfair on the latest in English soccer technology: “RoboRef.” And cheers to former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher for getting involved in the prank:
“RoboRef is quite unique, isn’t he? He’s got 360 vision. He’s got GPS tracking. He’s very, very fast.”
Unlike most April Fools Day jokes, enjoy this one:
- Next step: Las Vegas soccer stadium moves forward, but there’s a catch 0
- Lionel Messi heading to PSG, Chelsea? Not so fast, say Barcelona 0
- $88 million Edinson Cavani linked to Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United 3
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 6