Apr 1, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
April Fools Day is just about the worst time to grab a shift at Pro Soccer Talk. Wading through the baloney involving who is going to transfer where and who said what about who isn’t my idea of a good time.
But there’s no question this bit of video is satirical and, frankly, it’s funny.
The web site FCBusiness brings us this video from Betfair on the latest in English soccer technology: “RoboRef.” And cheers to former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher for getting involved in the prank:
“RoboRef is quite unique, isn’t he? He’s got 360 vision. He’s got GPS tracking. He’s very, very fast.”
Unlike most April Fools Day jokes, enjoy this one:
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8