Apr 1, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
April Fools Day is just about the worst time to grab a shift at Pro Soccer Talk. Wading through the baloney involving who is going to transfer where and who said what about who isn’t my idea of a good time.
But there’s no question this bit of video is satirical and, frankly, it’s funny.
The web site FCBusiness brings us this video from Betfair on the latest in English soccer technology: “RoboRef.” And cheers to former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher for getting involved in the prank:
“RoboRef is quite unique, isn’t he? He’s got 360 vision. He’s got GPS tracking. He’s very, very fast.”
Unlike most April Fools Day jokes, enjoy this one:
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1