Apr 1, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
April Fools Day is just about the worst time to grab a shift at Pro Soccer Talk. Wading through the baloney involving who is going to transfer where and who said what about who isn’t my idea of a good time.
But there’s no question this bit of video is satirical and, frankly, it’s funny.
The web site FCBusiness brings us this video from Betfair on the latest in English soccer technology: “RoboRef.” And cheers to former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher for getting involved in the prank:
“RoboRef is quite unique, isn’t he? He’s got 360 vision. He’s got GPS tracking. He’s very, very fast.”
Unlike most April Fools Day jokes, enjoy this one:
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3
- Wayne Rooney may play in midfield: How will Chelsea, Manchester United line up? 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 33 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Red-hot teams will keep rolling 3
- MLS Week 7 preview: RSL vs. Whitecaps, Galaxy vs. Sporting KC in the wild West 0
- Injury crisis for Manchester United as four key players to miss clash vs. Chelsea 1