Apr 1, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The away shirts we showed you last week are the real deal, which is no surprise. What may be a bit disconcerting about the United States road shirts, which have been compared to bomb pops and pizza delivery guys, is the image of Clint Dempsey wearing the full strip makes him look, well…
…like he’s wearing a Russia kit.
Yes, the striping is out of order from the Russian flag, and for that matter it could also be compared to France, Chile and Slovenia. By all means, tell me I’m wrong, but the distinct impression I get is that it’d look more appropriate on Yuri Zhirkov than the unshaven Texan.
Maybe it’s, I don’t know, that we’re a month removed from watching Alexander Ovechkin and the Russian hockey team struggle through their home Olympics in these kits:
Different sports. I’m aware.
And while I’m good with the home kit — though I’m hoping we just get consistent with a look one of these years — this one’s tough for me to take. Maybe you’re on board with the look overall, but the back of the kit may be the toughest part. It’s messing with my eyes, guys.
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 2
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 2
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2