Apr 1, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The annals of match interruption by soccer supporters took a turn for the toons after a startlingly-accurate toss by a Sochaux supporter in its match against Marseille.
As Mathieu Valbuena prepared to unload a corner kick that would hopefully tie up the match for his side, a giant Betty Boop doll was tossed almost directly onto the ball.
There are at least three magnificent things to note about the video, and we encourage you to toss your observations into the comments section:
1) Who brings a Betty Boop doll to a soccer match and, more importantly, how does one successfully bring it into the arena (“Well, you see sir, we’ve never lost when I’ve brought my Boop.”)?
2) How about Valbuena’s only mildly-affected reaction to the giant doll landing near his foot?
3) The aim on that toss! Close to pinpoint!
Thanks to WhoAteAllThePies for the video.
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 0
- Lessons from 2010 say U.S. squad as much about opportunity, circumstances as youth 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 4
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 2
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 1