Apr 1, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The annals of match interruption by soccer supporters took a turn for the toons after a startlingly-accurate toss by a Sochaux supporter in its match against Marseille.
As Mathieu Valbuena prepared to unload a corner kick that would hopefully tie up the match for his side, a giant Betty Boop doll was tossed almost directly onto the ball.
There are at least three magnificent things to note about the video, and we encourage you to toss your observations into the comments section:
1) Who brings a Betty Boop doll to a soccer match and, more importantly, how does one successfully bring it into the arena (“Well, you see sir, we’ve never lost when I’ve brought my Boop.”)?
2) How about Valbuena’s only mildly-affected reaction to the giant doll landing near his foot?
3) The aim on that toss! Close to pinpoint!
Thanks to WhoAteAllThePies for the video.
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 0
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0