Apr 1, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The annals of match interruption by soccer supporters took a turn for the toons after a startlingly-accurate toss by a Sochaux supporter in its match against Marseille.
As Mathieu Valbuena prepared to unload a corner kick that would hopefully tie up the match for his side, a giant Betty Boop doll was tossed almost directly onto the ball.
There are at least three magnificent things to note about the video, and we encourage you to toss your observations into the comments section:
1) Who brings a Betty Boop doll to a soccer match and, more importantly, how does one successfully bring it into the arena (“Well, you see sir, we’ve never lost when I’ve brought my Boop.”)?
2) How about Valbuena’s only mildly-affected reaction to the giant doll landing near his foot?
3) The aim on that toss! Close to pinpoint!
Thanks to WhoAteAllThePies for the video.
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 0
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 2
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 3
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2
- NBC Sports to air Barclays Asia Trophy as Arsenal, Everton and Stoke head to Singapore 0