Apr 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
This week the award goes to a player who only played 45 minutes, but what a cameo it was.
Jumping off the bench to replace Ross Barkley at half time, Everton’s Steven Naismith scored once and saw his shot turned into his own net by Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale as the Toffees beat the Cottagers 3-1 away from home.
Naismith, 27, isn’t always in the starting lineup for Everton but whenever he’s been called upon this season the little blonde haired maestro has delivered more often than not.
Seven goals in his second season for the Toffees, mostly off the bench, show Naismith is a valuable squad member as Roberto Martinez‘s men keep their surge towards the top four going.
Watch the video above to re-live his game-winning performance against Fulham last weekend.
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 1
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 3
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 1
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 7
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9