Apr 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
This week the award goes to a player who only played 45 minutes, but what a cameo it was.
Jumping off the bench to replace Ross Barkley at half time, Everton’s Steven Naismith scored once and saw his shot turned into his own net by Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale as the Toffees beat the Cottagers 3-1 away from home.
Naismith, 27, isn’t always in the starting lineup for Everton but whenever he’s been called upon this season the little blonde haired maestro has delivered more often than not.
Seven goals in his second season for the Toffees, mostly off the bench, show Naismith is a valuable squad member as Roberto Martinez‘s men keep their surge towards the top four going.
Watch the video above to re-live his game-winning performance against Fulham last weekend.
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3