Apr 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
This week the award goes to a player who only played 45 minutes, but what a cameo it was.
Jumping off the bench to replace Ross Barkley at half time, Everton’s Steven Naismith scored once and saw his shot turned into his own net by Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale as the Toffees beat the Cottagers 3-1 away from home.
Naismith, 27, isn’t always in the starting lineup for Everton but whenever he’s been called upon this season the little blonde haired maestro has delivered more often than not.
Seven goals in his second season for the Toffees, mostly off the bench, show Naismith is a valuable squad member as Roberto Martinez‘s men keep their surge towards the top four going.
Watch the video above to re-live his game-winning performance against Fulham last weekend.
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 4
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 11
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2