Apr 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
This week the award goes to a player who only played 45 minutes, but what a cameo it was.
Jumping off the bench to replace Ross Barkley at half time, Everton’s Steven Naismith scored once and saw his shot turned into his own net by Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale as the Toffees beat the Cottagers 3-1 away from home.
Naismith, 27, isn’t always in the starting lineup for Everton but whenever he’s been called upon this season the little blonde haired maestro has delivered more often than not.
Seven goals in his second season for the Toffees, mostly off the bench, show Naismith is a valuable squad member as Roberto Martinez‘s men keep their surge towards the top four going.
Watch the video above to re-live his game-winning performance against Fulham last weekend.
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 0
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1